Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Membership numbers 2015

Veterans List
    I wonder how many Melbourne members haven't renewed due to only 4 "genuine" Melbourne games. I spoke to the club about and expressed my concerns and I was told many people had the same opinion. You pay membership for 4 games, get a GF Guarantee then get slugged $360 for a crap seat. It costs over $600 for 5 games not including other finals. I renewed because I love my club but I doubt I will fork out $360+ to go to the GF.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    We're in the same spot and in the past have written off the Geelong game as a donation to the club, but there is talk of a bus this year. If so we'll take our first trip to Frog Hollow.

I'd think twice about the GF, if we make it. No say in which seats you get and I don't want to be on the fence behind the goals as we were last year.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Wonder why if you don't live i Sydney ,the packages are a waste of money . People will not buy a item that has no value , if they where a little more driven to recruit ,and keep members maybe they should be looking at a bigger picture .Sorry to say this but they are poor at chasing members!

Seems we at RWO have some clout with Swans HQ. No sooner has it been brought up that we don't know the latest membership numbers that ,bingo, they appear on the Twitter account. Good to know that someone is listening.

All hail to the power of RWO.

Quote Originally Posted by YvonneH View Post
    Seems we at RWO have some clout with Swans HQ. No sooner has it been brought up that we don't know the latest membership numbers that ,bingo, they appear on the Twitter account. Good to know that someone is listening.

All hail to the power of RWO.
    It did seem rather timely and fortuitous!

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    I wonder how many Melbourne members haven't renewed due to only 4 "genuine" Melbourne games. I spoke to the club about and expressed my concerns and I was told many people had the same opinion. You pay membership for 4 games, get a GF Guarantee then get slugged $360 for a crap seat. It costs over $600 for 5 games not including other finals. I renewed because I love my club but I doubt I will fork out $360+ to go to the GF.
    I haven't renewed yet for the same reasons. W.A. and Vic members are getting screwed. I love the Swannies but dollars are hard to come by.

I haven't been a member for years for the same reasons.
    When it became cheaper to attend the games without a membership I couldn't renew on general principle.
    When I was a member I'd usually miss a game and lose out, but that was my choice/bad luck.

Add the Geelong fiasco in and it just wasn't a desirable package.
    Kind of sad they made that decision very easy...
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Veterans List
    For those living in Melbourne have you considered getting an AFL membership? I know all the money doesn't go to the swans but when it comes to the GF you don't have to worry about a ballot and when we make the GF you are guaranteed a seat. And you can go to the GF even if the swans aren't playing. I have been to every GF since 1996.

During the season you can go to any game at the MCG and Etihad.

I'm not sure on the waiting list for Full membership...so this might be a drawback.

I can only speak personally, and to me it's no big deal.

Firstly, what's really the point for 4 out of 22 games? Especially when usually 2 or 3 are televised FTA even though I could jump on a train and see them live?
    This is what the AFL have decided is the best - so be it.
    If I want to go, I can jump on a train - and I do.
    I'm pretty busy so I generally only get to a couple of games live out of the 4 or 5 anyway.
    I've never had an issue finding GF tickets, and I don't think that should be used as a carrot for memberships.

If the AFL/Swans were serious about memberships, they'd come with the ability to see games live.
    My biggest gripe is access to games NOT played in Melbourne. Finding a pub etc etc
    I had Foxtel for a while and it was a brain killer for my kids so it went and I won't get it just for AFL.
    With technology moving the way it is, surely an individual access pass can be used (only once per game) either on the net or through a smart TV?
    Will be on the way, regardless, and the AFL should look in to this before they sign long deals with a network.

The Swans don't have a say in the allocation of games anywhere. Its kind of a sport with the AFL in Melbourne. Lets see what we can do to screw our northern neighbours.....

Gee I hope they don't turn AFL over to a pay system in the future and stick with FTA. I just don't have the wherewithall to pay for it.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

The Swans can make requests, but they are kind of irrelevant.
    Not complaining about 4 or 5 games in Melbourne, although you'd think they would allot more given the history and the still existing supporter base down here.

But the Swans control the memberships based on the fixture games.
    I think it's a pretty poor deal.
    Again, not complaining - I simply choose not to take them up on it.

I'd like to see improvements, not for me, but for the greater good of the Swans.

Senior Player
    I renewed my Vic membership, but I go the stock standard cheapest option (Silver), which costs about the price of the games in Melbourne. Come finals time, I'll buy tickets at the time to any games I attend. Doesn't guarantee me a GF ticket if we make it, but it's really not too hard to get one if you want it.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast