Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any of our ex-boys on Essendon's temporary list?

On the veteran's list

Any of our ex-boys on Essendon's temporary list?

The AFL is reporting:

"Should any, or all, be suspended and miss home-and-away matches, the Dons can only recruit players who were on AFL lists in 2013 or '14 on temporary contracts."

So there's ..... ROK, LRT, Jude, Marty, Seabs, Morton, Tommy Walsh, Lockyer, Brown, ...... I think any other exits are at other clubs.
    Those who have the greatest power to hurt us are those we love.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cat View Post
    The AFL is reporting:

"Should any, or all, be suspended and miss home-and-away matches, the Dons can only recruit players who were on AFL lists in 2013 or '14 on temporary contracts."

So there's ..... ROK, LRT, Jude, Marty, Seabs, Morton, Tommy Walsh, Lockyer, Brown, ...... I think any other exits are at other clubs.
    Can they pay them more than $300K?

Suspended by the MRP
    I'm looking forward to seeing how these temporary Dons contracts work out. The contracts are similar to NFL contracts, where players can be cut at any time. The Dons could he surprisingly competitive with these temporary players. They will play and train with gladiatorial intensity. There will be no Adam Goodes style training sessions for these temporary players. They will give it everything as one bad training session could see them cut.

This is going to be exciting!

Quote Originally Posted by Matt80 View Post
    I'm looking forward to seeing how these temporary Dons contracts work out. The contracts are similar to NFL contracts, where players can be cut at any time. The Dons could he surprisingly competitive with these temporary players. They will play and train with gladiatorial intensity. There will be no Adam Goodes style training sessions for these temporary players. They will give it everything as one bad training session could see them cut.

yet again following Matt80s NFL model ... this is a rip off of Keeanu Reeves movie "the Replacements"

Senior Player
    'Adam Goodes style training sessions'?? May I ask if you have ever seen Adam Goodes train, even once? Because I have...dozens of times. And no one trains harder at Sydney. I f you are referring to times when he is carrying an injury, then say so. Under those circumstances he still trains to his absolute maximum capacity.
    Snide commentary adds nothing to the discussion.

Last edited by royboy42; 17th February 2015 at 09:50 AM.

Senior Player
    Wow really potting goodsey's training habits? Surely not?

If a guy has done 18 preseasons at AFL level, fair to say he puts in. Let alone he'd have been found out long ago under the bloods culture of introspection with Leading teams.

I hope i'm misunderstanding, or I am close to examining why i even bother coming to public boards...

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by royboy42 View Post
    'Adam Goodes style training sessions'?? May I ask if you have ever seen Adam Goodes train, even once? Because I have...dozens of times. And no one trains harder at Sydney. I f you are referring to times when he is carrying an injury, then say so. Under those circumstances he still trains to his absolute maximum capacity.
    Relax people. I was referring to the lighter, individual style sessions that Adam now does to manage his knee issues and prolong his career. I went and watched a training session a couple of weeks ago and it's Adam training by himself with witches hats.

Do you think a player signed on a temporary contract to the Don's would be able to do injury / career management sessions?

Do you think a player signed on a temporary contract to the Don's would be able to do injury / career management sessions?
    I suggest that if LRT or Marty went to play for them they would want not only injury/career management sessions written into their contracts but guaranteed 5 minute quarters as well.

According to this article, these are the eligible ex-Swans:Jordan Lockyer � Subiaco (WAFL), Ryan O�Keefe � Retired, coaching ADE, Lewis Roberts-Thomson � Retired, Tommy Walsh � Ireland, Jude Bolton � Retired, Media, Alex Brown � Port Melbourne (VFL), Martin Mattner � Retired, coaching SYD, Mitch Morton � Retired, Patrick Mitchell*

I think this lines up with Big Cat's list except that it includes Patrick Mitchell but not Mark Seaby (whom I think would not be eligible as he was last on an AFL list in 2012). Some 'interesting' names from other clubs though.

No Cookies | Herald Sun

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by royboy42 View Post
    I've seen Adam Goodes train:

Adam Goodes Powerade Commercial 2012 - YouTube

Is this what he has been doing recently on the track?

This is the intensity that the temporary players will have to bring!

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    According to this article, these are the eligible ex-Swans:Jordan Lockyer � Subiaco (WAFL), Ryan O�Keefe � Retired, coaching ADE, Lewis Roberts-Thomson � Retired, Tommy Walsh � Ireland, Jude Bolton � Retired, Media, Alex Brown � Port Melbourne (VFL), Martin Mattner � Retired, coaching SYD, Mitch Morton � Retired, Patrick Mitchell*

I think this lines up with Big Cat's list except that it includes Patrick Mitchell but not Mark Seaby (whom I think would not be eligible as he was last on an AFL list in 2012). Some 'interesting' names from other clubs though.

No Cookies | Herald Sun
    Out of that list Lockyer and Brown are the only possibles. Brown is still hopeful of an AFL career and is playing good footy.

This would suit ROK's intention to play on for another year, but not sure if he has kept up his fitness since he retired.

you'd think it would only be players who have moved off to lower leagues that could step in. They already have the pre-season training done.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast