Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
Results 61 to 72 of 89

Thread: RWO site changes and disruptions thread - check for updates

  1. #61
    RWOs Black Sheep AnnieH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    At Goodesy's Place
    Posts
    10,741
    Quote Originally Posted by aguy View Post
    Hey there.

    A quick query. Over the last few days the site seems to be defaulting to desktop style on my iPhone. I can change it back to mobile at the bottom but it changes back to desktop next page load. Iím using safari on iPhone not changed anything in my settings. Wondering if anything has changed on the site
    No... it's just iPhone.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

  2. #62
    I'm doing ok right now, thanks Site Admin Danzar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Sunny Inner West
    Posts
    1,675
    Quote Originally Posted by aguy View Post
    Hey there.

    A quick query. Over the last few days the site seems to be defaulting to desktop style on my iPhone. I can change it back to mobile at the bottom but it changes back to desktop next page load. Iím using safari on iPhone not changed anything in my settings. Wondering if anything has changed on the site
    So, one of the changes I made was to essentially switch off the default VBulletin mobile format and keep it at desktop mode, for three reasons. The first is it works better on iPhones, the second is it allows people to upload pictures from their mobile and the third is it allows people to vote in the TLM from their mobile (provided they click on the link I provide each week on the thread that opens voting).

    If most people prefer the mobile version, happy to switch it back. Let me know what you think.
    Captain, I am detecting large quantities of win in this sector

  3. #63
    Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Chucked into the ruck
    Posts
    14,590
    I'm also one for switching back to mobile version. It's easier to interact with, and I think it's also lighter on the data bandwidith required. Additionally, I've never had the need to upload pictures. I can vote TLM on my desktop

  4. #64
    I'm doing ok right now, thanks Site Admin Danzar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Sunny Inner West
    Posts
    1,675
    Ok, fair enough. Have switched back. Will look into alternatives that work across all formats, apps etc.
    Captain, I am detecting large quantities of win in this sector

  5. #65
    Senior Player
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Sydney South
    Posts
    1,218
    Quote Originally Posted by Danzar View Post
    Ok, fair enough. Have switched back. Will look into alternatives that work across all formats, apps etc.
    Thanks danzar

    I like that we can have a civilised conversation about this.

    A friend of mine added me to the giants fan page on Facebook. Quite funny reading their fan complaining about the swans elitists as well as rude fans. When in fact we know that really you get all sorts of personalities everywhere. There are polite swans fans and not so polite ones. Just as for giants fans.

    Off topic but really my point is itís good to be part of an online community that is by and large pretty polite with one another.

  6. #66
    I'm doing ok right now, thanks Site Admin Danzar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Sunny Inner West
    Posts
    1,675
    Quote Originally Posted by aguy View Post
    Thanks danzar

    I like that we can have a civilised conversation about this.

    A friend of mine added me to the giants fan page on Facebook. Quite funny reading their fan complaining about the swans elitists as well as rude fans. When in fact we know that really you get all sorts of personalities everywhere. There are polite swans fans and not so polite ones. Just as for giants fans.

    Off topic but really my point is itís good to be part of an online community that is by and large pretty polite with one another.
    Thanks for that feedback mate, good to hear.
    Captain, I am detecting large quantities of win in this sector

  7. #67
    Carpe Noctem CureTheSane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Knoxfield, Victoria
    Posts
    4,899
    Never change anything to become compliant to 'i'
    Those who you i know what they're in for by now...
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

  8. #68
    I'm doing ok right now, thanks Site Admin Danzar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Sunny Inner West
    Posts
    1,675
    I've changed the thread prefixes with the intention of making it easier to differentiate at a glance (once you've gotten used to the new scheme). Alternative colour suggestions welcome (the specific hex colour code would be even better, if you know what that means...).

    If you hate it, let me know. Happy to revert back.

    Thanks

    Dan
    Captain, I am detecting large quantities of win in this sector

  9. #69
    Carpe Noctem CureTheSane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Knoxfield, Victoria
    Posts
    4,899
    Nah, I like it.

    So many times I accidentally open up a NEAFL thread.
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

  10. #70
    Senior Player
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Sydney South
    Posts
    1,218
    It seems with this most recent change I can no longer see which threads have new posts since my last visit. All the threads look like Iíve not read them.

  11. #71
    Veteran Site Admin
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    13,496
    Quote Originally Posted by aguy View Post
    It seems with this most recent change I can no longer see which threads have new posts since my last visit. All the threads look like Iíve not read them.
    Are you logged in?

  12. #72
    Senior Player
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Canberra
    Posts
    1,057
    Agh - tried to edit; deleted post (which is another bug that happens through mobile app). As I said, I am having the same issue as aguy: every thread name is bold, blue hyperlink whether read or not. Only affects Threads, not Sticky Threads.

    Edit: just confirming, having logged onto the laptop, that the issue only affects mobile site, not the desktop site.
    Last edited by MattW; 16th April 2018 at 11:38 PM.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO