Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: RWO site changes, bugs, disruptions thread

Quote Originally Posted by aguy View Post
    Hey there.

A quick query. Over the last few days the site seems to be defaulting to desktop style on my iPhone. I can change it back to mobile at the bottom but it changes back to desktop next page load. I�m using safari on iPhone not changed anything in my settings. Wondering if anything has changed on the site
    No... it's just iPhone.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

I'm doing ok right now, thanks Danzar's Avatar
    Hey there.

A quick query. Over the last few days the site seems to be defaulting to desktop style on my iPhone. I can change it back to mobile at the bottom but it changes back to desktop next page load. I�m using safari on iPhone not changed anything in my settings. Wondering if anything has changed on the site
    So, one of the changes I made was to essentially switch off the default VBulletin mobile format and keep it at desktop mode, for three reasons. The first is it works better on iPhones, the second is it allows people to upload pictures from their mobile and the third is it allows people to vote in the TLM from their mobile (provided they click on the link I provide each week on the thread that opens voting).

If most people prefer the mobile version, happy to switch it back. Let me know what you think.
    Captain, I am detecting large quantities of win in this sector

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    I'm also one for switching back to mobile version. It's easier to interact with, and I think it's also lighter on the data bandwidith required. Additionally, I've never had the need to upload pictures. I can vote TLM on my desktop

Ok, fair enough. Have switched back. Will look into alternatives that work across all formats, apps etc.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Danzar View Post
    Ok, fair enough. Have switched back. Will look into alternatives that work across all formats, apps etc.
    Thanks danzar

I like that we can have a civilised conversation about this.

A friend of mine added me to the giants fan page on Facebook. Quite funny reading their fan complaining about the swans elitists as well as rude fans. When in fact we know that really you get all sorts of personalities everywhere. There are polite swans fans and not so polite ones. Just as for giants fans.

Off topic but really my point is it�s good to be part of an online community that is by and large pretty polite with one another.

Thanks danzar

I like that we can have a civilised conversation about this.

A friend of mine added me to the giants fan page on Facebook. Quite funny reading their fan complaining about the swans elitists as well as rude fans. When in fact we know that really you get all sorts of personalities everywhere. There are polite swans fans and not so polite ones. Just as for giants fans.

Off topic but really my point is it�s good to be part of an online community that is by and large pretty polite with one another.
    Thanks for that feedback mate, good to hear.

Never change anything to become compliant to 'i'
    Those who you i know what they're in for by now...
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

I've changed the thread prefixes with the intention of making it easier to differentiate at a glance (once you've gotten used to the new scheme). Alternative colour suggestions welcome (the specific hex colour code would be even better, if you know what that means...).

If you hate it, let me know. Happy to revert back.

Thanks

Dan

Nah, I like it.

So many times I accidentally open up a NEAFL thread.
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Senior Player
    It seems with this most recent change I can no longer see which threads have new posts since my last visit. All the threads look like I�ve not read them.

Veteran Site Admin
    It seems with this most recent change I can no longer see which threads have new posts since my last visit. All the threads look like I�ve not read them.
    Are you logged in?

Senior Player
    Agh - tried to edit; deleted post (which is another bug that happens through mobile app). As I said, I am having the same issue as aguy: every thread name is bold, blue hyperlink whether read or not. Only affects Threads, not Sticky Threads.

Edit: just confirming, having logged onto the laptop, that the issue only affects mobile site, not the desktop site.
    Last edited by MattW; 16th April 2018 at 11:38 PM.

Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast