Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Round 4: the other games.

Round 4: the other games.

Should be quite a good game tonight with Adelaide hosting Melbourne. Adelaide are a reasonable chance of slipping to 0/4. Which might make their fans less than hospitable hosts, to all the other fans over the course the weekend.

Perhaps the pick of the other games is Fremantle and Carlton. It should give some indication whether Fremantle are a genuine finals side. And I'm certainly hoping that they win, as I'm getting the feeling that Carlton are the AFL establishment's anointed one this season. I mean, 'free kick Carlton' already seems to be a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Should be quite a good game tonight with Adelaide hosting Melbourne. Adelaide are a reasonable chance of slipping to 0/4. Which might make their fans less than hospitable hosts, to all the other fans over the course the weekend.

Perhaps the pick of the other games is Fremantle and Carlton. It should give some indication whether Fremantle are a genuine finals side. And I'm certainly hoping that they win, as I'm getting the feeling that Carlton are the AFL establishment's anointed one this season. I mean, 'free kick Carlton' already seems to be a thing.
    Tend to agree regarding Carlton being the anointed ones this year. They’ve had many very blatant indiscretions ignored, especially HTB.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Did the Crows go on another one of their off-season camps? They've been terrible this year. Or more specifically, they've usually been terrible for three quarters and then they wake up in the last quarter, to show that they can play. Perhaps they're just trolling someone in management or their fans?

Whatever, but away to Carlton next week, makes it tough not to go 0/5.

The late career form of Tex Walker last year papered over a lot of problems with the list at the crows.
    They could actually have a worse list than west coast.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Well, I definitely made a mistake ignoring my own instincts that a side needs to have a high class midfield to succeed with my pre-season pick for Adelaide to make the eight. They’ve got one high class midfielder, and he’s playing badly at the moment. (But he made his choice, so boo hoo to him.) Their ball movement was so bad that Steven May could play with bung ribs and be BOG.

Anyway, I hope Hayward was watching. It would have scared him straight if there was anyone from the Crows in his ear about coming home as a restricted free agent.

“Sydney, what? You want me to stay for a packet of Doritos and the occasional hug from Ollie. Deal!”
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    The late career form of Tex Walker last year papered over a lot of problems with the list at the crows.
    I don’t think their list is worse than WC, but Taylor Walker definitely helped them look a lot better last year. They have a lot of earnest, hard at it triers, but not a lot of class. Rankine can flash into the game and do the mercurial, then disappears again; Walker looks to have lost a metre of pace; Fogarty is a great kick, but is not the main man in the forward line; the captain is trying to do it all and may have realised that his chances of playing finals are slimmer than he’d feared. They have Carlton next week, and it’d be a monumental effort if they beat the Blues.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Correct, the career best season from Tex in his twilight, as well as a few other lesser lights having career best seasons, playing Norf and WC twice (two free wins extra), hardly any injuries all added up to make Crows better in 2023 than they actually are.

Being in Adelaide, I follow and death ride them :-) I think their list is just middle of the road, still giving regular games to players who aren't AFL standard like McHenry, Jones, Murphy and got some older players dropping in form like Smith, Laird and now Tex. O'Brien the ruckman has taken one mark in four games! Skill by foot across the park is poor.

I'm loving the 0-4 and look forward after Carlton at Marvel them being 0-5.

They extended Nick's contract for two more years when they should have waited. Crows BF is a scream, go and have a look

Looks like another season of North not playing finals. Aww.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    I don’t say this with any malice as I always liked him and hoped he’d come good, but poor Dylan Stephens seems to have regressed further. I get it’d be hard to play in this side but he’s largely absent and the few times he’s involved he’s fumbly. Sad to watch.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Veterans List
    I think the problem with Adelaide is that they just assumed they would be making finals this year. They felt they were robbed of playing finals last year because of the "goal post saga".

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Looks like another season of North not playing finals. Aww.
    It's a crying shame, isn't it? I'll never forgive the Bulldogs for being gifted a premiership at our expense and I'll never forgive Norf supporters for the way they treated Adam Goodes. The fact that Norf is being coached by Clarkson makes them even more dislikeable. Long may they dwell at the foot of the ladder.

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    I know we were all justifiably disappointed with our performance against Richmond but Melbourne's making our win against them look pretty good and, even though it's still only the first quarter, Essendon are doing well against Port.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast