Page 21 of 29 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: RWO site changes, bugs, disruptions thread

I've got a workaround Auntie. Write your post to another app, like Word or Notepad and save it. Then copy and paste it to RWO. Then, if you make a mistake, you can just go back to the original app and edit your post there and copy and paste the edited post to RWO again.

Thanks Ludwig
    I must admit I was being lazy having to type the message up first then copy and paste.
    It's definitely a work around.

I was super intrigued if anyone else on Android has this issue. Ie if u go back into edit the message deletes?

Seems very odd.

Hi, since yesterday afternoon, when I try to access the site via my mobile, almost always I get the message, "this site can't be reached". The reason given is, DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN. I tried a few fixes on my end, like clearing cache and data, and since I was able to connect late last night, I assumed that the problem was fixed. However, it's back again this morning. Since I've got the same message a few times, while accessing the site via my laptop, I'm guessing that the problem is at your end? Unfortunately, I'm not computer literate enough to have any real idea what that problem might be?

Veteran Site Admin
    There has been an issue with the domain name provider - their problem, not Dan's - but it has just been fixed.

I'm a little confused how a handful of people seem to have been able to make posts to threads over the last 24 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    There has been an issue with the domain name provider - their problem, not Dan's - but it has just been fixed.

I'm a little confused how a handful of people seem to have been able to make posts to threads over the last 24 hours.
    My guess is that it's possibly due to chance. That is, if there's a 98% chance that you won't reach the site, then that leaves a 2% chance that you'll get through and be able to post.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    My guess is that it's possibly due to chance. That is, if there's a 98% chance that you won't reach the site, then that leaves a 2% chance that you'll get through and be able to post.
    The nature of the problem suggests that there should have been a 100% chance of not being able to access the site. But clearly something inconsistent was happening somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    The nature of the problem suggests that there should have been a 100% chance of not being able to access the site. But clearly something inconsistent was happening somewhere.
    I sorta wish that it was 100%, as that would have stopped me from spending half an hour or so, reading obscure tutorials and attempting to fix a non-existent problem on my phone. Strangely, none of the tutorials said that it was more likely to be a problem at the other end.

Once again the absence of connection for some hours has only reinforced my appreciation for the site when it is up and running.

Thanks to you people

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Could get to the site on 4G but not wifi.

Out of Bounds on the Full Goal Sneak's Avatar
    My recent post on the General Off-Season Footy Chat thread may have screwed up the thread as it appears to be frozen.

I accidentally hit the "Go Advanced" button before I posted. Not sure if that has caused an issue?

Blog Entries
    Hey (been a while) - Wanted to check something on the WIKI, but it won't load for me. Is this a known issue?

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Frog View Post
    Hey (been a while) - Wanted to check something on the WIKI, but it won't load for me. Is this a known issue?
    Nice to see you still lurking, Frog.

Ugg and Dan had an exchange about this back in December. The outcome was that there was probably a broken link, but I don't know if anything further was done.