Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Swans Intra Friday

Swans Intra Friday

This is where we actually get to look at them for the first time this year. All the newbies and the younger players will be on show so we can see their progress. Players I am interested in looking at and why;

Dean Towers; I'd like to see if he has improved his kicking from last year. His field kicking is generally good but lapses in concentration let him down. His goal kicking needed work I hope he has been practising over the off season.

Tom Mitchell; I just want to make sure he is really fit. I love his work-rate and in and under work. His handball is some the best I have ever seen. Eat your heart out Diesel.

Isaac Heeney; For obvious reasons. All the hype, is it all true?

Jack Hiscox; He is exciting when he gets it. Has he got a defensive side? We'll soon find out. I would like to see him in a foot race with Jetts.

Bo Derrickx How much has he improved and will he play games this year? questions that may be answered to some extent in the preseason matches.

Toby Nankervis; Just how much mobility and agility has the big bloke got in the off season? How fit is he? He can certainly take big marks and kick goals. Can he be a first ruck prospect?

Brandon Jack Has he improved? Has he learned to slow a bit before kicking or hitting the ball? Has he learned when to go and when to sit back? He knows how to take the game on but sometimes you have to play a kick behind to get the right outcome.

Zac Jones; If possible has he become even more aggressive. If so expect to see him in the 22 first game.

James Rose; There is a lot of talk from the South Australian side that this bloke is pretty clever. From the footage he needs to improve his field kicking but he did some very clever moves. I want to see if he is as clever as the SA fans seem to think.

Abaina Davis; Not much has been said about Abe but then again Adam Goodes wasn't exactly on the radar in the beginning either. He is a young big guy who is quite mobile. I'd like to see just how mobile and where he fits.

Dan Robinson Dan has been talked up in the preseason. He played really well in the preseason last year. He carried that into the season in the NEAFL. He was very good. I can't wait to see how far he has developed.

George Hewett Young George has all the ability. But ability is just that unless you can convert it to the big stage. He is two sided, has great balance and is young. I want to see how much he has learned and if he is going to go that extra yard this year. He could be better than Kelly but until he proves that?

Harry Marsh; I think this is a make or break year for Harry. If he doesn't make the 22 this year then expect him to be cut.

Aliir Aliir; Boy did this bloke look good in the NEAFL last year until injured. I can't wait to see how he is going this year.

Xav Richards; Played really well last year in the NEAFL. He is a very good back prospect but I don't think he will ever play on the monsters. He will play on FF's like Riewoldt but not a Cloke. I want to see how he goes on a Buddy, Reid, Goodes etc.

Nick Newman; Nick won't play the Intra I don't suppose as he has just recovered from a knee operation. He will be on track for the first round NEAFL though I think.

Sean McLaren; This guy will be playing. The club has been a bit quiet on his progress. He is a big unit but still a little light for AFL footy. We know very big boys take time and he will probably be more in the mix next year. But I will be interested in how he goes against Tip and Bud.

Sammy Naismith; Sam is a third year Rookie and will be looking to get off the Rookie list with a VERY impressive year. He has the goods but needs to learn how to handle the big time. Second tallest ruck in the AFL? Not sure but must be close. Like to see how he handles it against Derrickx, Pykie, Tip and Toby.

Lloyd Perris; Will he play? That is the main question. If he does will he put a spanner in the works. He has the talent but injury killed his year last year. If he doesn't play I can't wait to see him in the NEAFL again.

Lewis Melican; I wonder does he get called Pelican? He is a big boy. A big lump of a lad. There have been some really big wraps so far. I liked what I saw in a training session. He looks really like a footballer. He moves well and knows how to get the pill and make space both for himself and his teammates. I will love seeing him matched on Tip, Pykie and Buddy.

Jordan Foote; I didn't see a lot of him last year. But one thing I noticed is he moved well. I think he could play mid or back. Be good to have a good look at him.

That's all folks; Yibbita yibbita
    Last edited by wolftone57; 25th February 2015 at 02:44 PM.

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    Lloyd Perris; Will he play. That is the main question. If he does will he put a spanner in the works. He has the talent but injury killed his year last year. If he doesn't play I can't wait to see him in the NEAFL again.
    Perris has just had knee surgery and is out for 10 weeks, I don't think we'll see him for a while unfortunately!

- - - Updated - - -

Posted this is in the Academy thread but equally relevant here,

The following Academy boys will be playing in the intra-club Friday night,

Monty Krochmal
    Zach Fyffe
    Jacon Derickx
    Doug Hadden
    Matt Rawlinson
    Tom Head
    Tom Young
    Oscar Osborne
    Jackson Monk
    Will Taylor.

Can anyone provide any insight into these guys? What sort of players they are etc.?

Interesting to note that Mills isn't playing.
    Twitter @cmdil
    Instagram @conordillon

Veteran Site Admin
    Are those actually Academy players? The names I recognise would be in their early 20s by now (at least). Krochmal, Head and Hadden have been semi-regular top-ups for the NEAFL side for the last 3 seasons. Fyffe is possibly a little younger but he was eligible for last year's draft.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Conor_Dillon View Post
    Perris has just had knee surgery and is out for 10 weeks, I don't think we'll see him for a while unfortunately!

- - - Updated - - -

Posted this is in the Academy thread but equally relevant here,

The following Academy boys will be playing in the intra-club Friday night,

Monty Krochmal
    Zach Fyffe
    Jacon Derickx
    Doug Hadden
    Matt Rawlinson
    Tom Head
    Tom Young
    Oscar Osborne
    Jackson Monk
    Will Taylor.

Can anyone provide any insight into these guys? What sort of players they are etc.?

Interesting to note that Mills isn't playing.
    Many of those listed are playing with Sydney Uni

Young would be the most famous one having played at Collingwood and Western Bulldogs, and has signed with Sydney Uni in the NEAFL this year.
    Jacob (not Jacon) Derickx is Tom's younger brother, did very well for Sydney Uni in the NEAFL last year made their rep team as a key forward.
    Hadden and Head have been regular ressies topups in the past couple of years, while we have also seen Krochmal and Osborne occasionally.
    Fyffe was eligible to be drafted last year but wasn't picked up.

One player who is obvious because he is missing from that list is Callum Mills.

Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    One player who is obvious because he is missing from that list is Callum Mills.
    Why would you assume that Mills would be playing in the game?

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Why would you assume that Mills would be playing in the game?
    Not assume Ugg just an interesting omission seeing he is a prospective draft pick for next year. If they wanted to get a good look at him it would be a good time. Although then again the AFL NAZIs would also get a good look at him as well I suppose.

"be tough, only when it gets tough"

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    He played forward last year, kicked 37 goals, the 9th best in the NEAFL

interesting

came over after a couple of years as a defender in the WAFL

no 18 in the blue as per below

"be tough, only when it gets tough"

Veterans List
    I hope a few RWO'ers are going along so they can give us their thoughts.

Would also like them to "chat up" some of the non playing players and ask some probing questions!

Look forward to the wrap ups, TIA

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Are those actually Academy players? The names I recognise would be in their early 20s by now (at least). Krochmal, Head and Hadden have been semi-regular top-ups for the NEAFL side for the last 3 seasons. Fyffe is possibly a little younger but he was eligible for last year's draft.
    Sounds more like they're former Academy players perhaps? Doesn't seem as though they're in this year's crop.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    I hope a few RWO'ers are going along so they can give us their thoughts.

Would also like them to "chat up" some of the non playing players and ask some probing questions!

Look forward to the wrap ups, TIA
    Yes I'll be there.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast