Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: NAB Challenge v Lions

I noticed that Lloyd has been left out of the side, so perhaps he's not quite 100%. The more glaring omission for me is Zak Jones. No mention of any injury either, but he was initially left out of the intraclub list, but apparently played. Perhaps he is also carrying some minor complaint. I think a few have to be dropped for the final squad. Wouldn't be surprised to see Aliir in next following NAB match.

Opti-pessi-misti
    Along with Aliir, Jones and Derickx, Rose seems to be the only other one who may have been expected to be on the list.

Quote Originally Posted by rojo View Post
    Along with Aliir, Jones and Derickx, Rose seems to be the only other one who may have been expected to be on the list.
    Yes, I have just had a good look at the ins and it appears the outs (as you have stated) defy logic. The only assumption you can draw from that is that they have been put on ice for next round.

What I'm surprised about is that with Buddy, Tippo and Goodesy out, we haven't played Rose. Wouldn't that be the perfect opportunity for him?
    Last edited by S.S. Bleeder; 4th March 2015 at 08:42 PM.

Oh. The other one out is Richards. It would have been nice to see the brothers playing together but I supp that they're similar players.

Regular in the Side
    The team list at AFL match centre( Sydney Swans Vs Brisbane Lions - Match Centre - AFL.com.au ) had Derickx and Llyod. Something might have happened to Derickx. They have been replaced by Davis and Hewett according to the Swans web site. Hope that they are OK.

Veterans List
    Really need for two or three of the untried players to step up during this preseason as we are very light on for depth. Ideally need a spread of positions too, say Nankervis to show he is up to AFL standard as a KPF/ruck, X Richards as a KPD, Jones as a HBF.

So will be glued to Fox on Friday night hoping to ease my concerns about our 2015 campaign.

If you are a betting person, good odds to be had on Brisbane who are bringing a near full strength team versus us who have no forward line and down back no Teddy or Mal.

So the Melican train is rolling then?
    "I'll acknowledge there are more talented teams in the competition but I won't acknowledge that there is a better team in the competition" Paul Roos March 2005

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by sharp9 View Post
    So the Melican train is rolling then?
    Let's hope so, an AJ type shock rise to best 22 would be much appreciated :-)

Preseason watchers have been enthusing over Melican, so I'm aboard the train!

I am looking forward in seeing the new recruits and rookies. I do not expect a victory (comes from Paul Roos's philosophy of being only a trial game) but I am am hoping that there are no serious injuries.

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by S.S. Bleeder View Post
    Oh. The other one out is Richards. It would have been nice to see the brothers playing together but I supp that they're similar players.
    Teddy has got a minor hamstring complaint I think. Told us at the intra game that he was another few weeks away from playing.

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Anyone going to the game tomorrow night?
    Of course I will be there with my family and Swans fanatics from work. My kids even get to have a go at the half time auskick game.
    I will be sitting on the grass on the east side wing.
    I will try and instagram some pics and insights.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    The team list at AFL match centre( Sydney Swans Vs Brisbane Lions - Match Centre - AFL.com.au ) had Derickx and Llyod. Something might have happened to Derickx. They have been replaced by Davis and Hewett according to the Swans web site. Hope that they are OK.
    Interview with Derickx on AFL site - he says he was going to play but pulled up with hamstring soreness yesterday in the same hamstring that caused him so much trouble last season. But he has had a scan this morning and been reassured there is no damage. So hopefully he will be fully fit for the next match.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast