Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: NAB Challenge v Lions

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    A better quarter by the Swans. Observation from my Dad was that Melican seems afraid of making any contact, he won't last at the Swans if he pulls out of contests.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

WOW, absolutely putrid from the Swannies. Completely unable to find a man free. Pathetic tackling/stopping effort. Grand Final performance/setup looking like the real Swans. :-(
    "I'll acknowledge there are more talented teams in the competition but I won't acknowledge that there is a better team in the competition" Paul Roos March 2005

a better quarter. We look a little rusty still. I am pissed off the senior players still can't deliver the ball with precision. some of the delivery from Shaw, Laidler, Reg, Hannas, Birdy and Joey has been nothing short of a disgrace. I've seen better in district footy and certainly in country footy. Heeney looked a lot better that quarter, he was trying hard in the first half but it started to work for him in that quarter. Lukie is the best player in the AFL & did you see him give that bloke he gave a free lip.
    Last edited by wolftone57; 6th March 2015 at 09:09 PM.

We haven't looked in it all game. Pretty disappointing considering we have most of our core midfield. Plenty of work still to be done before round 1!

Senior Player
    Very flat. If the fire's burning it's a mere ember tonight.

Heeneys stats look good. How's he going?

Good to see the Swans continuing on with their GF form.

Wow. Just Wow. By quite some considerable margin the worst team to play so far in the NAB challenge. In all seriousness we wouldn't have had a player in the top 15, maybe even 20 players tonight. Wow.

So awful in every single aspect of the game of Australian Rules Football. Could not kick, handball, run defend, tackle...just....like...anything at all. The only thing worse than the horrific decision making was the appalling execution....closely followed by the disgusting lack of effort.

How can it be possible that you spend FOUR MONTHS training and turn out that piece of crap? Seriously, how?
    "I'll acknowledge there are more talented teams in the competition but I won't acknowledge that there is a better team in the competition" Paul Roos March 2005

I know Mitchell had 20 touches but he looked fairly average tonight. I really feel he is being played out of position! He is not a wing/flank type player. He needs to be in the the centre and as harsh as it may sound, if there isn't a spot in there for him then he shouldn't be in the team. I am excited about his prospects as anyone but if we don't play him to his strengths then he is going to struggle!

Heeney sent a beautiful handball out of traffic in the fourth quarter. that's it. All positive statements stated.

Quote Originally Posted by sharp9 View Post
    Wow. Just Wow. By quite some considerable margin the worst team to play so far in the NAB challenge. In all seriousness we wouldn't have had a player in the top 15, maybe even 20 players tonight. Wow.

So awful in every single aspect of the game of Australian Rules Football. Could not kick, handball, run defend, tackle...just....like...anything at all. The only thing worse than the horrific decision making was the appalling execution....closely followed by the disgusting lack of effort.

How can it be possible that you spend FOUR MONTHS training and turn out that piece of crap? Seriously, how?
    Agree with all of this! The only thing we can really take out of it is that we often put in performances like this early. But in saying that, you'd think we'd want to try and make a statement early considering our final performance last year...

typical swans nab cup performance

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast