Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: NAB Challenge Pride Match - Sydney v Freo

Quote Originally Posted by Conor_Dillon View Post
    Does anyone else think that the Syd/Freo pride match seems condescending? Doesn't involve any big Melbourne clubs and is one of only 5 of 26 games that isn't being televised.

Seems more like a token gesture rather than a genuine effort...hopefully the pride match for premiership points becomes an annual event sooner rather than later.
    I don't think it's tokenism, you have to start somewhere to gauge fan reaction to it and I'm sure more will come soon. I think it's important for the league to address some community concerns and demonstrate what they believe in and their values. I don't even care about the big Melbourne clubs, I think it's more important that two clubs have decided that they want to make the game more inclusive and demonstrate that through this round. Believe it or not, Collingwood have a gay supporters group which is pretty impressive!

Quote Originally Posted by DamY View Post
    For all their problems, St Kilda do appear to be working hard on improving their culture. Having the AFL's first woman coach (highly-qualified, nonetheless) is a significant step for their club and the AFL to become more inclusive and demonstrate equality.
    Is this her on the left; St Kilda lobbying the AFL to host annual gay pride game for premiership points

Quote Originally Posted by swansrob View Post
    St Kilda are lobbying for an annual Pride Match - apparently will be at Etihad every year against the Swans
    St Kilda lobbying the AFL to host annual gay pride game for premiership points
    It probably makes some sense. Sydney has a large LGBT population (and I'm sure a lot of them are supporters) and St.Kilda does as well.

Long Term Injury List
    Sorry, this is unrelated to the main topic but I will be in Sydney for this game and was wondering what seating, if any, is available at Drummoyne. Is it a byo chair / blanket scenario?
    Thanks for letting me hijack the thread.

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by S.S. Bleeder View Post
    I umm don't know what to say..but are you being serious..umm..yeah i'lll zip it i am already skating on thin ice around here.

This is Peta Searle:

5494350-3x2-700x467.jpg

Great initiative by the AFL.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by S.S. Bleeder View Post
    No.

But I strongly approve of the idea.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JPK12 View Post
    I umm don't know what to say..but are you being serious..umm..yeah i'lll zip it i am already skating on thin ice around here.

This is Peta Searle:

5494350-3x2-700x467.jpg

Great initiative by the AFL.
    If you looked at the article image you would see it is a joke.
    Not hard.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by swansrob View Post
    St Kilda are lobbying for an annual Pride Match - apparently will be at Etihad every year against the Swans
    St Kilda lobbying the AFL to host annual gay pride game for premiership points
    Good way to fill a stadium.

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    If you looked at the article image you would see it is a joke.
    Not hard.
    I know what it was, but it was a very stupid joke. No wonder women find it hard to land a job in the footy industry.

Goes up to 11
    Back to the Pride game...... It's a wonderful initiative and will gain more fans and broader community respect. I'm glad my Swans are on board.

I too look forward to St Kilda, or whoever else, devoting a regular season game to this important cause.

Bravo.

There is a thread on The Roar site about the AFL Gay Round now under consideration. I had to copy this comment for everyone's enjoyment:.
    Ads said | March 6th 2015 @ 10:23am |
    "I really dont care what colour you are, what your sexual preferance is or what other minority you feel proud to be a part of.
    The only thing that should get you openly mocked in Australia these days is if you are a Collingwood supporter because, well, you muppets just deserve it. "

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    There is a thread on The Roar site about the AFL Gay Round now under consideration. I had to copy this comment for everyone's enjoyment:.
    Ads said | March 6th 2015 @ 10:23am |
    "I really dont care what colour you are, what your sexual preferance is or what other minority you feel proud to be a part of.
    The only thing that should get you openly mocked in Australia these days is if you are a Collingwood supporter because, well, you muppets just deserve it. "
    A sentiment I wholeheartedly agree with
    Chillin' with the strange Quarks

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast