Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: NAB Challenge Pride Match - Sydney v Freo

Quote Originally Posted by S.S. Bleeder View Post
    I wonder if his parents really knew what they were doing when they named him? Maybe it was just a mistake and didn't realise until they stated calling him Mike.
    They new more than the parents of former West Adelaide player Richard Head (yup, his Christian name was abbreviated by his teammates!)

Or the parents of 2 brothers who were captains of either football or cricket (I can't remember which) at Scotch College in consecutive years. Their names on the Captains honour boards in the school assembly hall read:

A.Ness
    P.Ness

I kid you not!

Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post
    They new more than the parents of former West Adelaide player Richard Head (yup, his Christian name was abbreviated by his teammates!)

Or the parents of 2 brothers who were captains of either football or cricket (I can't remember which) at Scotch College in consecutive years. Their names on the Captains honour boards in the school assembly hall read:

A.Ness
    P.Ness

I kid you not!
    Haha. My son is at Scotch. I'll have to look next time I'm there. Are you an old boy?

I think P.Ness was probably an old fella rather than an old boy.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    I think P.Ness was probably an old fella rather than an old boy.
    Poor old P.Ness was a bit stiff getting that initial
    A.Ness probably got the s--ts with his parents for his initial

Quote Originally Posted by 09183305 View Post
    Poor old P.Ness was a bit stiff getting that initial
    A.Ness probably got the s--ts with his parents for his initial
    I can do better. I had a rugby coach named Peter Nuss. His brother was Andrew.

Getting off track here but; My mates surname is Dick and his wifes maiden name is Quick. Lucky she didn't decide to have a hyphenated surname. We call him Ophelia (amongst many other names that I can't repeat here).

Goes up to 11
    How about a few posts in support of a great community initiative and less of the juvenile 'humour'??

Just wild about Harry
    Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    How about a few posts in support of a great community initiative and less of the juvenile 'humour'??
    Yeah, you people. Stop having fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    There is a thread on The Roar site about the AFL Gay Round now under consideration. I had to copy this comment for everyone's enjoyment:.
    Ads said | March 6th 2015 @ 10:23am |
    "I really dont care what colour you are, what your sexual preferance is or what other minority you feel proud to be a part of.
    The only thing that should get you openly mocked in Australia these days is if you are a Collingwood supporter because, well, you muppets just deserve it. "
    Nailed it.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Hi All,

A quick community service announcement from me!

We've just been told there there are less than 500 tickets remaining for Sunday's match at Drummoyne Oval. If you're planning on coming, make sure you upgrade your membership to a ticket to guarantee access. Entry via membership card will only be available if space remains, so it's definitely best to lock in your spot now.

To upgrade or buy tickets, here's the link: http://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows...x?sh=NABCDRO15

Hope to see you all there (with your pre-purchased/upgraded tickets!).

Jenny

Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    Hi All,

A quick community service announcement from me!

We've just been told there there are less than 500 tickets remaining for Sunday's match at Drummoyne Oval. If you're planning on coming, make sure you upgrade your membership to a ticket to guarantee access. Entry via membership card will only be available if space remains, so it's definitely best to lock in your spot now.

To upgrade or buy tickets, here's the link: http://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows...x?sh=NABCDRO15

Hope to see you all there (with your pre-purchased/upgraded tickets!).

Jenny
    Hey Jenny I don't suppose there's any chance of a live video stream?

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    Hey Jenny I don't suppose there's any chance of a live video stream?
    Hi aardvark,

Our media team are just working through the final details now, but yes, we hope to be able to live stream the match for all those who can't be there. Stay tuned to the website tomorrow for more details!

Jenny

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast