Thread: Kangaroos the latest club to be accused

Kangaroos the latest club to be accused

A current Roos player has been accused on the radio today in being involved in an alledged sexual assualt incident 'a few years ago'

When will it all end?

Can I trademark the name "rapegate"?

On the Rookie List
    Is the reality something we don't want to face and that is, this stuff is indemic?

Or

Are the alleged victims that are coming forward merely opportunists?

I am a fairly sheltered person when it comes to matters like this and hate to think of any footy player forcing himself upon girls as young as 19 or even 16. I just can't imagine it being the norm to go and force non-consentual sex.

On the other hand, I just can't imagine a girl evil enough to ruin a person's reputation, damage their work place financial standing and insult their family in the name of an A Current Affair pay cheque.

Seems that mostly men are sympathetic with the players' viewpoint and the female fans have more empathy with the accusers (observation only).

Can't wait to watch On The Couch tonight for the hope that I can watch a footy program that doesn't involve criminal matters.

Re: Kangaroos the latest club to be accused

Originally posted by Dudley

Can I trademark the name "rapegate"?
    I'm glad at least somebody is enjoying the biggest scandal in our sport in nearly 100 years.

No, really, have fun.

You're not the first to use that term though. I've seen it on Bigfooty.
    We hate Anthony Rocca
    We hate Shannon Grant too
    We hate scumbag Gaspar
    But Leo WE LOVE YOU!

Living in 2005
    Originally posted by TheHood
    Is the reality something we don't want to face and that is, this stuff is indemic?

Or

Are the alleged victims that are coming forward merely opportunists?

I am a fairly sheltered person when it comes to matters like this and hate to think of any footy player forcing himself upon girls as young as 19 or even 16. I just can't imagine it being the norm to go and force non-consentual sex.

On the other hand, I just can't imagine a girl evil enough to ruin a person's reputation, damage their work place financial standing and insult their family in the name of an A Current Affair pay cheque.

Seems that mostly men are sympathetic with the players' viewpoint and the female fans have more empathy with the accusers (observation only).

Can't wait to watch On The Couch tonight for the hope that I can watch a footy program that doesn't involve criminal matters.
    Sex and AFL go hand in hand. Just go to any nightclub frequented by footy players and you will see what I mean.

I remember a comment on "After the Game" last year "We could round up the number of AFL players who have loyal to their girlfriends and wives and rent them a nice caravan"

I think when you have a culture where players are rarely being told no - you are always likely to get yourself into trouble at some point because the rest of society doesn't work like that - I am not just talking about rape here.

I just hope they can sort the current case out really quickly, and justice is served eithier way. Rape is such a despicable crime.

The only reason I hope that they are innocent is because I have never understood how someone that has a mother could do such a thing.

Originally posted by TheHood
    You know the answer to that question...hoping someone will come up with a credible way to suggest otherwise is just that, hope. (Endemic BTW).
    "I'll acknowledge there are more talented teams in the competition but I won't acknowledge that there is a better team in the competition" Paul Roos March 2005