Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Sam Reid

Suspended by the MRP
    What evs.

Quote Originally Posted by JPK12 View Post
    I think you will find more footage of him tripping over his own feet and injuring himself than career highlights.

Seriously the guy could be anything with that body and smarts but its just not happening.
    KPP don't grow on trees. He is a good player but has had his problems. At 24 he is still young for a KPP. He is developing nicely but just needs to watch the ball into hands. I would also rather he took the ball out in front and not try to chest mark or go between the two. But I don't see too much downside with this bloke. He is really good on the deck, he can take a huge pack mark, he is now a very good kick, always was a very good field kick. All he needs to do is concentrate on marking the easy ones and he is the complete footballer.

I hereby play Judge Judy dismiss your concerns as I think they are frivolous. The reason I think they are frivolous is all about expectation. There has been an overwhelming expectation put on Sam by the fans to be the next Cazaly or Pratt. He isn't but he is still a very good footballer and fits very nicely into our team.

Quote Originally Posted by JPK12 View Post
    What evs.
    Well put.
    Discussion over.
    You win.
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by CureTheSane View Post
    Well put.
    Discussion over.
    You win.
    totes.

I think that there are a couple of players on notice this year - with the advent of free agency I think that we will see clubs looking at trading at the 5-6 year mark if a player is not meeting expectations.

Sam is definitely one for me, I don't think I'm being unrealistic in saying that he needs to improve from last year and if he doesn't then he will be prime trade bait. The other one for mine is Jetta

I saw Sammy tonight at the Guernsey presentation dinner. What a lovely young man. Me thinks they'll be moving him to the backs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    The same argument was had with McVeigh for many years.

Would anyone want to drop McVeigh now???
    McHack?
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

np u rule
    lolz jks
    soz not soz
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Goes up to 11
    I thought it interesting that Sam wasn't played forward at all today after Buddy went off (and without Tippett)....

Thought the same thing. It would appear that they want to groom him in the back line. Also, if need be they can swing him forward. I see this as a win/win.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by chalbilto View Post
    Thought the same thing. It would appear that they want to groom him in the back line. Also, if need be they can swing him forward. I see this as a win/win.
    I agree it was a very clear choice to make him learn the defensive craft

in my opinion .......like Harry Taylor we will see Reidy play both forward and back KPP vs certain teams and depending on our team line up

he is a difficult match up in attack or defence and allows our team to advance or protect key parts of the field
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Today he kicks 25 - 30m from a set Mark straight to a Giant.
    Then goes back into the goal square and makes no attempt to spoil a Giants Mark in the goal square. Goal Giants.
    Not sure where he's at.
    Heaney seems to have more footy savvy already.
    He could make the necessary improvement , hope so.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast