Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Sam Reid

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by Conor_Dillon View Post
    You need to let this fantasy go...it will never ever happen. Fyfe destroys some of the best midfielders in the game and as much as I love Sammy he would get his pants pulled down and rings ran around him.
    Fyfe destroys smaller midfielders in the air. He did it to Parker in the Qualifying final even the though Parker played very well and is the Swans best over head mark. Reid could run with him in open field and take away that marking weapon that Fyfe has.

Another one I would like to see is Rohan taking Dangerfield. Rohan would need to get his endurance and confidence up for that to occur. I dream of the day that Rohan chases down Dangerfield on the Adelaide oval wing and unleashes a brutal tackle.

Goodes v Judd was a shock, but it was amazing to see the two finest players in the AFL at that point go head to head. It almost won the Swans back to back flags.

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    Goodes played off Judd head to head because Judd'd accountability was questionable...he didn't play a defensive role (which I'm assuming Reid would on Fyfe?)

Reid couldn't take away Fyfe's marking ability because he would never be within 20 metres of him
    Twitter @cmdil
    Instagram @conordillon

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JPK12 View Post
    Is that all?

Thats pretty poor for someone on a lot of coin and who has had 4 whole years and every chance to prove his worth.

And my jess white comment was in relation to expectations, not as similar players.
    Curious. Did you catch the 2012 GF at all?
    He ate more cheese, than time allowed

Quote Originally Posted by Matt80 View Post
    Fyfe destroys smaller midfielders in the air. He did it to Parker in the Qualifying final even the though Parker played very well and is the Swans best over head mark. Reid could run with him in open field and take away that marking weapon that Fyfe has.

Another one I would like to see is Rohan taking Dangerfield. Rohan would need to get his endurance and confidence up for that to occur. I dream of the day that Rohan chases down Dangerfield on the Adelaide oval wing and unleashes a brutal tackle.

Goodes v Judd was a shock, but it was amazing to see the two finest players in the AFL at that point go head to head. It almost won the Swans back to back flags.
    You have some weird fetishes Matt80 - these included. Fyfe would absolutely destroy Reid in one on one.

As for Rohan and Dangerfield - that has been discussed ad nauseum as well, and I think the previous conclusion of many would be that Dangerfield would be likely to rip him a new one.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by Industrial Fan View Post
    Curious. Did you catch the 2012 GF at all?
    Curious, wernt you a lifelong pies supporter once?

What a stupid question.

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by frankee View Post
    In 2011-2012 Sam Reid was the main forward target. He could lead where he wanted and knew he was the main man even though it was just his 2nd and 3rd year. The problem now is that he continually has to look over his shoulder to make sure he is not getting in Buddy or Kurt's way.

The problem now is that he continually has to look over his shoulder to make sure he is not getting in Buddy or Kurt's way.
    No chance of Kurt getting in his way as he cannot get on the field due to injuries. Read on another thread he is injured again. Nothing on the Swans website regarding this or Ted Richards supposed hamstring.

In 2011-2012 Sam Reid was the main forward target. He could lead where he wanted and knew he was the main man even though it was just his 2nd and 3rd year. The problem now is that he continually has to look over his shoulder to make sure he is not getting in Buddy or Kurt's way.
    I agree, he always seems to sit half a kick away from the pack.

Opti-pessi-misti
    We copped a lot in the process of going after and getting KT. Unless he gets on and stays on the park for the majority of this season, that move will have to be judged a costly failure, not just in monetary terms but for the development of our forward line. Last year it really was a shambles in that it ended up with everyone relying of Buddy and when the chips were really down each time he did deliver but where was every one else? I so hope that that is not how it is going to unfold again this year!

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JPK12 View Post
    Curious, wernt you a lifelong pies supporter once?

What a stupid question.
    charming. Not such a stupid question - you may have been new to the game (cue "I've been a fan since Jesus was playing full back for Jerusalem" etc).

So if you saw that game and don't place any value on the role he's played then I don't value your opinion. He is a young Kpp. They take time to develop.

He was signed on big dollars when we had the room to lock him down. He may move on, who knows; but I won't be packing his bags for him.
    He ate more cheese, than time allowed

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast