Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 121819202122

Thread: Round 1 V Essendon

Goes up to 11
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt80 View Post
    I simply participated in the battle of ideas, which is the foundation stone of the Red and White community.
    No it's not a battle of anything here, and if you stop treating it as such it might make this place a little more pleasant for all of us.

On the Rookie List
    The wife and I were all ready to take the little one (11 months old) to his first game- certain things are expected of these new members.

Sadly we don't have junior scuba gear, so we'll be on the couch.

I was looking forward to this for the last few weeks, too!

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by DisgruntledGoat View Post
    The wife and I were all ready to take the little one (11 months old) to his first game- certain things are expected of these new members.

Yes at least you are Indoctrinating the new member from before he can speak. Welcome to all the new members

Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post
    Are they streaming the game?
    One of those european sports sites. Crifree.tv runs english skysports channels etc. Small screen area though.

Quote Originally Posted by DisgruntledGoat View Post

Shops are open, just buy some floaties
    Chillin' with the strange Quarks

Remember this headline from February?

Sydney Swans cancel swim with dolphins

I supported the cancellation at the time, but now it's looking a big mistake. We could have learned a few things that would be useful today. Maybe even picked up a player that's particularly good in the wet.

Also, I don't think changing one player for the conditions will make much difference. But if we do bring in Mitchell, I would prefer to see Cunningham go out. Reid is okay in the wet and I wouldn't tamper with defence anyway. Just bring in an inside player for an outside one.

Quote Originally Posted by RogueSwan View Post
    And by my observation Parker is not slow unless Macca is too.
    AS much as I would like to disagree with Matt about the slow mid-field, Parker is not fast, not close to fast. Merrett's chase down was pretty conclusive.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by graemed View Post
    AS much as I would like to disagree with Matt about the slow mid-field, Parker is not fast, not close to fast. Merrett's chase down was pretty conclusive.
    The whole team was slow in that attack. There were three swans with slow handballs. And Parker got the ball in plenty of time to kick. Poor communication from the players that were close behind him

Quote Originally Posted by aguy View Post
    The whole team was slow in that attack. There were three swans with slow handballs. And Parker got the ball in plenty of time to kick. Poor communication from the players that were close behind him
    That was a hospital pass from Goodes however - should never have dished it off at the time he did to Parker.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 121819202122