Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: GWS v Sydney Swans Early Discussion

Fair bunch of ins. They're going to be pretty good this year.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

I was hoping that McVeigh & Tippett were going to play. Hope that they will be fit for the first round.

Geez, let's hope that Heeney and a few of the other young boys have worked bloody hard over the summer to greatly improve because they will need to have if we are any chance of knocking off Hawthorn this year! When they are on they are scary good!

Quote Originally Posted by troyjones2525 View Post
    Geez, let's hope that Heeney and a few of the other young boys have worked bloody hard over the summer to greatly improve because they will need to have if we are any chance of knocking off Hawthorn this year! When they are on they are scary good!
    They were only playing the witches hats last night, but I agree they looked pretty good, especially for pre-season. They'll be awfully hard to beat again this year - I just hope someone (even if its not us) manages to - I couldn't stand the dribble we will get from their feral fans if they win 3 in a row. Its bad enough now as it is.

Our best hope might be that someone else (i.e. I'm looking at you Port) might do the job for us over the Dawks - might be third time lucky for an Adelaide team in the prelim finals against the wees and poos and their umpires.

Although I want ultimate revenge on them on GF day, I'd be more than happy for us to play someone else - just for the sake of not having to put up with their 'supporters'.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

It's funny how one game changes the whole footy world. We certainly went in favourites, the common theme in the media was that we'd had the better season and the Hawks had fallen in in the prelim. Two hours of footy later and the thought process changes to Hawthorn being unbeatable.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

Hawks played 18 of their GF side against a St Kilda who's big player was Jack Stephen. While Stephen is a emerging player he's not exactly a veteran. they were very undermanned due to a lot of injuries. I wouldn't take this game as any indication of the season for Hawks as they played a St Kilda VFL side other than a few guys. I would be worried if I was a Saints supporter though because their injury toll is going to force them to play VFl standard players every week. During the season expect many more of these shockers until some experience returns.

One thing they will get good game time into their youngsters.

The Hawks are good. The only good side we didn't beat at least once last year. Our game plan was good enough for pretty much everyone except the Hawks. Maybe we need a special game plan for the Hawks? I really hope we've cooked something up.

Correction , we did beat them once, though just when they were undermanned.

Happy and I know it
    Is this game being streamed tomorrow?
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by erica View Post
    Is this game being streamed tomorrow?
    I doubt it will be streamed because it is on fox footy

Happy and I know it
    Quote Originally Posted by aguy View Post
    I doubt it will be streamed because it is on fox footy
    Aah, thanks. Don't have Fox so am blissfully unaware of what they show.
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Pushing for Selection
    are the full squads in yet ?

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast