Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jones

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by S.S. Bleeder View Post
    I'd be willing to trade Jones at the end of the year. We have too many quality midfielders. Having midfield talent like Jones (although he can play back as well), Hewitt, Perris, Robinson, etc playing in the Magoo's won't do us any good and they will eventually walk anyway We're better off trading some of those fringe players for draft picks. We would have to get a first round pick for Jones. We could use that pick to help us get Mills and Dunkley.
    The unfortunate thing is that we will get nothing for Jones in a trade situation. The Demons, judging by their poor performance against the depleted Dons, may finish last. This will lead to Jones falling into his bothers arms for no compensation to the Swans.

Clubs such as GWS and Brisbane will improve this year so there is every chance that the bottom three clubs will be The Demons, The Saints or possibly even the Magpies.

This will give Jones a free ride home.

It's happened to the Swans with Lamb and Membrey.

If Jones is not going to commit to Swans I say make him train by himself and pick Academy players to take his spot in the reserves.

This may be hardcore, but we cannot continue to be taken for a ride by these young players.

Goes up to 11
    What's with all this conjecture about Zac? Can someone spell it out please?

Otherwise I'd think we're all being a bit hasty in writing off a very bright prospect who's entering his second year on our list....

Regular in the Side
    The Glorious Peoples Republic of Hookturnistan
    If has been with the rehab group - would be logical to conclude an injury (don't seeing him pulling a heart muscle - no heart for the Swans).

Didn't he have an Achillies injury last year? - These things are hard to get over, maybe he has aggravated it.. who knows.

But to jump on the trade bandwagon seems a little premature.

Give the kid a break FFS..
    sprite

This thread is RWO at its best. Completely unsubstantiated rubbish.

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    This thread is RWO at its best. Completely unsubstantiated rubbish.
    Just say that Jones is injured then! Like McVeigh and McGlynn. If no information is given on Jones then people will start to try and connect dots.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt80 View Post
    Just say that Jones is injured then! Like McVeigh and McGlynn. If no information is given on Jones then people will start to try and connect dots.
    Those people that are always looking for overly complex views on things will look to join the dots.....

I would hardly think, even if he had made it clear that he wanted to go back to Melbourne at the end of the year, that we would put him out 'in the cold' in some sort of spiteful reaction to his decision. Would seem a rather silly thing to do - given you never know what injuries may hit the team through the year or whatever else may happen.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

i would put a $100 down that Shaw and Goodes will retire this season

Therefore i think Zac has a spot for Shaw and Rohan / Towers has a more regular spot for Goodes
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Suspended by the MRP
    Zac Jones has not been listed as injured on the AFL's latest injury list.

This is very perculier!

On the veteran's list
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt80 View Post
    Zac Jones has not been listed as injured on the AFL's latest injury list.

This is very perculier!
    Even peculiar. Neither has AJ. Only those in contention for round 1 seem to get a mention.
    Those who have the greatest power to hurt us are those we love.

Like most mysteries, the reality never matches up.

From what I heard, he had a minor ankle injury prior to the NAB games.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Senior Player
    My sources tell me Zak Jones spontaneously combusted at training just before the NAB Challenge series.

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by swansrob View Post
    My sources tell me Zak Jones spontaneously combusted at training just before the NAB Challenge series.
    Please explain.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast