Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jones

I was rather concerned that Zak had spontaneously combusted in front of his team mates, so I rang the club and asked.

Luckily, he didn't combust or explode. He has had an injury interrupted pre-season and has been in rehab. He is now getting back to full fitness and should be available for reserves selection early in the season. He will then push for senior selection once he gets games under his belt.

Allir Allir needs more development and wasn't selected in the pre-season games for this reason. They also wanted to play Reid and X Richards in the back half, so there wasn't room for him. They expect he will be pushing for senior selection at some stage during the season.

[QUOTE=Chilcott;666028]I was rather concerned that Zak had spontaneously combusted in front of his team mates, so I rang the club and asked.

That was very sensible and rational. Are you sure you belong on here????!!!!!!! Joke
    "The Dog days are over, The Dog days are gone" Florence and the Machine

Quote Originally Posted by Chilcott View Post
    I was rather concerned that Zak had spontaneously combusted in front of his team mates, so I rang the club and asked.

Luckily, he didn't combust or explode. He has had an injury interrupted pre-season and has been in rehab. He is now getting back to full fitness and should be available for reserves selection early in the season. He will then push for senior selection once he gets games under his belt.

Allir Allir needs more development and wasn't selected in the pre-season games for this reason. They also wanted to play Reid and X Richards in the back half, so there wasn't room for him. They expect he will be pushing for senior selection at some stage during the season.
    Well that's destroyed all the rampant speculation.........Killjoy!

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    May I suggest an aide-memoire?

Aliir has two eyes, like the rest of us.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post

But Mike Pyke only has one eye, despite the best intent of many writers to improve his lot.

On the veteran's list
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    But Mike Pyke only has one eye, despite the best intent of many writers to improve his lot.
    And Lewis Jetta also has one eye despite many writers' attempts to take that from him.
    Those who have the greatest power to hurt us are those we love.

Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post

When you think about it Aliir Aliir actually has four eyes. Does that mean he has good foresight?

(Sorry Liz. We need the season to begin soon.)

Regular in the Side MightyBloods's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cat View Post
    And Lewis Jetta also has one eye despite many writers' attempts to take that from him.
    You meant Leroy Jetta right? Let's be consistent with the Melbourne media.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    When you think about it Aliir Aliir actually has four eyes. Does that mean he has good foresight?

(Sorry Liz. We need the season to begin soon.)
    Actually I did think about it and decided it was too complicated. But you are right about Michael Pykle.

Roll on Round 1!
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Quote Originally Posted by Matt80 View Post
    If he is going to be leaving, what is the best option for the Swans:

1) Have him languishing in the reserves with limited game time so that his next contract in Melbourne is on the lower end. He could do a Membrey and we would get nothing for him.

2) Start playing him in the seniors so we could get a better value trade for him at seasons end. He could still do a Membrey at seasons end and fall through to the Demons who will probably finish last.

Maybe the club has decided on option one.
    It's simple.

If he is deemed in the best 22 footballers he will get picked, if he isn't he will play in the twos.
    Last edited by liz; 26th March 2015 at 12:24 AM. Reason: See PM

Why wast drafting him ,then if hes on the trade table gonna have to give him games , what Melbourne got to trade with ??????????

As a first round pick, I am sure the question of 'homesickness' was well covered and we were satisfied that this was not an issue. His brother Nathan congratulated him for having the good fortune of being picked by the Swans.

There will be issues facing Jones and much of our midfield group as a result of the stiff competition for spots in the side, with some very good players not getting what they may feel is enough senior game time. This is something that has been rehashed many times on this forum. It's a real issue, especially considering the number of quality midfielders picked up up in just the last few drafts and a couple more likely on the way this year. It is hard to see how they all can fit in.

I think Zak Jones will be an elite player, much like brother Nathan, perhaps even better. So I would love to see him stay at the Swans.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast