Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jones

Pushing for Selection

Jones

Can someone let me know why jones isn't playing these games?

Suspended by the MRP
    This is the biggest pre-season question. I don't think he is injured.

You would have thought if Hiscox, B.Jack and Robinson were getting a run, then Zac Jones would get a run.

Pushing for Selection
    Hiding him from Melbourne scouts? Haha.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Has to be an injury

I can't see him not getting a run in pre season if not for injury. He played a handful of games in his first year! In a good side!

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    He's been in the rehab group in a lot of photos but definitely never listed as injured...it's really strange!

It doesn't look good. Conjecture at the other place that he's already indicated he will be out at seasons end. Maybe 2 + 2 = 5, but something seems...amiss.
    He had observed that people who did lie were, on the whole, more resourceful and ambitious and successful than people who did not lie.

I think there are a stack of players on the cusp of playing Snrs

Harry and Lloyd have made the 22 there own so far as they play very important roles

Towers, Heeney, Rohan, Laidler, Mitchell, Hiscox, Aliir, Jones etc etc will be fighting for a spot in the 22 most weeks until two or three of them gain momentum

Jones for me is under pressure because Jetts and Macca will be rotating thru the backline and for me Jones is more the incumbent Nick Smith role then the Mal role
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by Legs Akimbo View Post
    It doesn't look good. Conjecture at the other place that he's already indicated he will be out at seasons end. Maybe 2 + 2 = 5, but something seems...amiss.
    If he is going to be leaving, what is the best option for the Swans:

1) Have him languishing in the reserves with limited game time so that his next contract in Melbourne is on the lower end. He could do a Membrey and we would get nothing for him.

2) Start playing him in the seniors so we could get a better value trade for him at seasons end. He could still do a Membrey at seasons end and fall through to the Demons who will probably finish last.

Maybe the club has decided on option one.

Suspended by the MRP
    I wanted to ask Ugg his expert opinion.

Can the Swans Reserves refuse to pick a senior or rookie listed player if it's clear that the player will not sign on for the Swans beyond the current season?

Can a senior or rookie listed player be restricted trade in favour of Academy players who the club can derive a long term dividend?

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Maybe the powers that be already feel confident in their assessment of him but not so other newbies? He may have an almost injury and nothing will be gained by playing him now except pushing a niggle into a tear?
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

I'd be willing to trade Jones at the end of the year. We have too many quality midfielders. Having midfield talent like Jones (although he can play back as well), Hewitt, Perris, Robinson, etc playing in the Magoo's won't do us any good and they will eventually walk anyway We're better off trading some of those fringe players for draft picks. We would have to get a first round pick for Jones. We could use that pick to help us get Mills and Dunkley.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast