Thread: Membership record

Senior Player

Membership record

Swans break membership record - sydneyswans.com.au

Most people have already seen that we've just broken last years membership record. As I recall that well into the season last year that we hit 40000.

Does anyone remember roughly how many members we have at this stage before last season ? Do you think McVeigh is accurate in predicting 50000 members this year ?

We are 20% up on where we were at this point last year. TBH I thought 40k wouldn't happen for a few more years, we had only hit 30k or so in 2012 and 36k in 2013 after winning the grand final. Another 10-15% would give us 44-46k based on annual trend but if we're 20% up on last year and it continues on that trend we'd be up at 48k which would be a significant achievement. Having that many members would help the club to be more financially secure, attract more sponsors (even though the Swans have apparently one of the strongest corporate sponsorship deals in the league) and ensure the club's survival and insulate it from attacks from Eddie Mcguire :P

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by DamY View Post
    We are 20% up on where we were at this point last year. TBH I thought 40k wouldn't happen for a few more years, we had only hit 30k or so in 2012 and 36k in 2013 after winning the grand final. Another 10-15% would give us 44-46k based on annual trend but if we're 20% up on last year and it continues on that trend we'd be up at 48k which would be a significant achievement. Having that many members would help the club to be more financially secure, attract more sponsors (even though the Swans have apparently one of the strongest corporate sponsorship deals in the league) and ensure the club's survival and insulate it from attacks from Eddie Mcguire :P
    Thanks for the numbers . Glad we are keeping the fight up against Eddie.

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    I think you're spot on RE corporate sponsorship, I'm sure I read last year that we generate more revenue from sponsorship than anyone else in the comp

Quote Originally Posted by Conor_Dillon View Post
    I think you're spot on RE corporate sponsorship, I'm sure I read last year that we generate more revenue from sponsorship than anyone else in the comp
    I hear it's $1m/season to have your logo the Swans guernsey