Thread: And the favourite is...

And the favourite is...

Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way you'll be a mile away and he'll be shoeless.

Oh no.
    I hate being the favourite.
    I prefer them to call us ugly and fly under the radar!!
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    Oh no.
    I'm with you Annie, they seem to perform better when not rated by the drips under pressure.

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    Oh no.
    Quote Originally Posted by chalbilto View Post
    I'm with you Annie, they seem to perform better when not rated by the drips under pressure.
    +2
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Can't believe the fool in the comments who suggests that the 'stars aligned' and we were 'lucky' to win the flag in 2012...
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    Can't believe the fool in the comments who suggests that the 'stars aligned' and we were 'lucky' to win the flag in 2012...
    Most people agree that getting to the GF can take a degree of luck (stars-aligning blah blah blah), luck with injuries and maybe a ball bounced the right way a few times.
    I don't think you can be considered lucky winning a GF. That takes a LOT of mental and physical effort. Teams don't use luck to win a Premiership.

How do you think Hawks fans would take it if the footy world said they were lucky the Swans had their worst game of the year in the biggest game of the year? I'm sure they would say "of course" :-)
    Last edited by RogueSwan; 27th March 2015 at 03:15 PM. Reason: typo
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Quote Originally Posted by RogueSwan View Post
    Most people agree that getting to the GF can take a degree of luck (stars-aligning blah blah blah), luck with injuries and maybe a ball bounced the right way a few times.
    I don't think you can be considered lucky winning a GF. That takes a LOT of mental and physical effort. Teams don't use luck to win a Premiership.

How do you think Hawks fans would take it if the footy world said they were lucky the Swans had their worst game of the year in the biggest game of the year? I'm sure they would say "of course" :-)
    Yeh, I think everyone agrees that there is 'luck' in there, but the way the fool on there put it, it was as if we just popped up from nowhere to win the flag.

We beat every team except Richmond in 2012, and played some fantastic, consistent football all season. There was nothing lucky about the way we went about the football we played,and we were deserving premiers. Much as, and I hate to say it, the Wees and poos were deserving premiers last year.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."