Page 1 of 21 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Game Day Thread Rnd 1 V Bombers

Game Day Thread Rnd 1 V Bombers

Welcome back everyone.

So we have the relaxed and happy to be there Bombers at our favorite ground which is churned up and waterlogged, with Razor Ray umpiring and McVeigh and McGlynn missing in action.

I have renewed my foxtel subscription so I hope its worth it. Go Swannies!

Senior Player
    Dear all. For circumstances beyond my control I can't go to the game nor can I watch it on foxtel because I am going out elsewhere.

Question is do I tape it and watch it when I get home WITHOUT seeing the result ( at least trying not to see the result ) or do I give in and just keep an eye on the score on my phone ?

On the Rookie List
    Do you really think you'll be able to stop yourself checking the score?

Worth checking, and then watching, in my opinion.

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by aguy View Post
    Dear all. For circumstances beyond my control I can't go to the game nor can I watch it on foxtel because I am going out elsewhere.

Question is do I tape it and watch it when I get home WITHOUT seeing the result ( at least trying not to see the result ) or do I give in and just keep an eye on the score on my phone ?
    It means that people will be wondering why you need to go to the toilet so many times.

I don't like looking at my phone while I'm at a function. I like to be involved in the conversation with people I'm with. I toilet run allows a score and stats check. Maybe even a sneaky post on Red and White.

Hmmm, pouring rain, ground torn up by previous night's nrl & easter show crowds making the trip home just that much more annoying
    Pretty standard start to the season really

Can't wait though
    Chillin' with the strange Quarks

They should reschedule the game to Monday ... At the SCG.
    To start after the Donnie ...

I always tell myself I'll do a quick check and then end up sitting there refreshing the score. It'll probably be ugly footy out there so you're better off checking the final score and then watching if we win.

if? IF?

Score prediction: Bombers win 52-44. Buddy does an ACL on the uneven surface. Razor gets a bottle chucked at his head.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    if? IF?
    Do I need to remind you about R1 last season?

We suck in the wet. Our big men will be nullified. We have some massive outs. Towers is playing. Essendon will want to silence the critics. I'm not confident. At all.

Quote Originally Posted by Ampersand View Post
    Do I need to remind you about R1 last season?

We suck in the wet. Our big men will be nullified. We have some massive outs. Towers is playing. Essendon will want to silence the critics. I'm not confident. At all.
    Unfortunately I agree with you Ampersand. Don't think it will be a reflection of our season, I think [hope, pray] we will go well, but I think we will struggle today.

No, don't even think about trying to get through the day without knowing the score. In my experience, no matter how scrupulously you try to avoid the score, the score will always find you just before the game. Whether it's by a friend blurting, "What a win by the Swannies, hey?" or via the radio in the shop that you popped into on the way home, or sitting down and accidentally tuning the TV to the sports report just as the score is broadcast, the score will never remain a secret.

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Ampersand View Post
    I always tell myself I'll do a quick check and then end up sitting there refreshing the score. It'll probably be ugly footy out there so you're better off checking the final score and then watching if we win.
    This.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Page 1 of 21 1234511 ... LastLast