Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Tom Mitchell

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by 09183305 View Post
    Something about a Horse not liking to play too many snailectric paced, inside-out, tumble turning extraction unit mid fielders who are 4th positioned on a Bondi billionaire depth charge. Not that it really matters much, as I'm sure he'll be traded at seasons end for the number one pick so we can secure Mills & Dunkley
    No need to keep harping on the point, but Mitchell, Kennedy, Parker and Bird were not selected in the same side this week.

Quote Originally Posted by 09183305 View Post
    Something about a Horse not liking to play too many snailectric paced, inside-out, tumble turning extraction unit mid fielders who are 4th positioned on a Bondi billionaire depth charge. Not that it really matters much, as I'm sure he'll be traded at seasons end for the number one pick so we can secure Mills & Dunkley

An excellent summation....

I think he will be given a chance but equally I think we may well be quite active in the trading period this year and it wouldn't surprise me to see any or all of him, Jetta and Reid be up as trade-bait if they are not producing the goods

Quote Originally Posted by Mug Punter View Post

I think he will be given a chance but equally I think we may well be quite active in the trading period this year and it wouldn't surprise me to see any or all of him, Jetta and Reid be up as trade-bait if they are not producing the goods
    I thought the Goodes was retiring? or is he going on to break Tuck's record?

Suspended by the MRP

With the bidding points system, I think we need a top 3 pick to have a chance at securing both Mills and Dunkley. In my opinion, Jetta is a 15-25 pick and Reid is a 20-30 pick, on their current output. Packaging them up would not be an option, due to them both originating from different States.

The only Swans players with a top 3 pick value are Franklin, Kennedy, Parker and Hannas.

It could be an interesting post season.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt80 View Post
    With the bidding points system, I think we need a top 3 pick to have a chance at securing both Mills and Dunkley. In my opinion, Jetta is a 15-25 pick and Reid is a 20-30 pick, on their current output. Packaging them up would not be an option, due to them both originating from different States.

The only Swans players with a top 3 pick value are Franklin, Kennedy, Parker and Hannas.

How about we worry about the actual 'season' first....
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    How about we worry about the actual 'season' first....
    Excellent idea!

No need to keep harping on the point, but Mitchell, Kennedy, Parker and Bird were not selected in the same side this week.
    We get the point, Matt - I don't think anyone is disagreeing with you. It is the selection policy that has everyone frustrated.

I think many here would be happy to sacrifice a bit of speed for Mitchell's ability to win the ball a bit more inside and deliver it better to the outside players. (cf. your post about Hawthorn's strengths).

I thought we could spend points from future drafts, and go negative. Kind of like....an overdraft (boom, tish! Thanks folks, I'm here all winter. Try the veal).

But seriously, can't we? And if we could, would we be willing to blow two years worth of picks in one year if we think the players are good enough? Personally, I wouldn't mind us doing that. Not much difference between drafting a kid this year and drafting one next year, except that you get to start developing him a year earlier.

Edit: This link seems to suggest I'm correct http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-01-2...g-system-close, particularly this quote

Under the proposal, clubs who want to obtain more than one player eligible in a single year as an academy or father-son pick will be able to make up the points requirement the following season. To do this, the outstanding points will be taken from the club's first round pick the next season, forcing the club to slide down the draft table according to the points that remain.
    Last edited by Beerman; 10th April 2015 at 02:17 PM. Reason: Because I'm right!

Warming the Bench
    i saw mitchell at startrack against gws.he did nothing to excite me or convince me that he is a senior.can't keep trading off one game in the ressies
    forgotten 1996
    2005 a much sweeter memory,2012 even better

Hope you're right. Those later two need to go. Especially whilst we'll get a decent draft pick for them.

- - - Updated - - -

What about Mitchell?

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by S.S. Bleeder View Post
    Hope you're right. Those later two need to go. Especially whilst we'll get a decent draft pick for them.

- - - Updated - - -

What about Mitchell?
    Not worth a top 3 pick. I think he is now worth between a 12 - 20 pick and his value is decreasing with each NEAFL game he has to play.

Quote Originally Posted by S.S. Bleeder View Post

- - - Updated - - -

What about Mitchell?
    At the extreme risk of generating a trade bait debate after only 1 game my excellent analysis (cough cough) in another thread would indicate that we really only need to trade a late first round or early second rounder (17 - 21) to take the edge of the penalties. Unless they have shocking seasons I think any of Reid, Jetta or Mitchell would be rated in that bracket.

I hate to say it but the more I see of the F/S and Academy proposal the more I think it may be fair. They should make the F/S 25% I think but that's just my opinion

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast