Thread: Rampe 50 games

Rampe 50 games

How many do you think the kid will play people, something there, very cool under pressure !

As long as he keeps his head, and doesn't start buying into the hype, he should play 150.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

This bloke is just about my favourite player at the moment. Would love to see a full time move to the midfield but Rohan and laidler would need to lock in there spots in defence before that happens. he's Kennedy size with a raking left ( I think) boot and some really decent pace, imagine those two beasts contesting centre bounces regularly!

Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    This bloke is just about my favourite player at the moment. Would love to see a full time move to the midfield but Rohan and laidler would need to lock in there spots in defence before that happens. he's Kennedy size with a raking left ( I think) boot and some really decent pace, imagine those two beasts contesting centre bounces regularly!
    We need him in the back 6, as he seems to rarely get beaten as a defender - something which Rohan is not yet consistently doing. I like him in midfield too, but I think he is more valuable in the back 6 at the current time, in particular whilst we work out our best side without Malceski as a running defender.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

It seems defenders are too good at their job and are rarely allowed into midfield or forward, but I guess when they do (and maybe cos it's rare) and they do something good, it stands out even more (Ted's goal in Welly, Laidler's last week). Rampe was awesome in the midfield last week (Hanners scared me when he was in defence) so it would be good if players could be more versatile and hopefully make match-ups more difficult

Dane was the striker as a junior football player. When he first started playing Australian Football, he played first as key position forward and in his first season kicked 10 goals in a rep game from CHF. Since then he played mostly in the mid-field until he got his chance with the Swans to play as a defender.
    He is a real sponge and committed to improving, he will make a great mid-fielder but there is no doubt we need him defending right now.

Sometimes Dane is so hot running out of defence, he's smokin'!

He is class, rate him highly and he is improving all the time.

I'd back him to play at least 150, he's hardly missed a game these last two seasons

- - - Updated - - -

He is class, rate him highly and he is improving all the time.

I'd back him to play at least 150, he's hardly missed a game these last two seasons.

And apologies for blending this post but he provides a good example of where I think we will get real benefits from the Academy System, despite the penalties that Eddie has mooted. This is a kid that has flown under the radar until his 20s, there's heaps of kids like that in the Sydney area