Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Horses coaching

Quote Originally Posted by Matt80 View Post
    "dropped row" .
    Not everything needs its own term for goodness sake!

A high intensive week on the training track is a lot different to 'knock some guys to the ground' and make them 'feel the pain!
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Whether we like it or not writing is on the wall for Adam. After round 3 we'll know where he is in the pecking order. Longmire will renegade him into NEAFL like he did with ROK.

Quote Originally Posted by penga View Post
    Towers is softer than Trent Dennis-Lane, if that is possible. Some of his tackling efforts, and strength in the contest, were absolutely deplorable on Sat night. I don't care if Mitchell is slower, I would much rather a bloke in a red and white guernsey showing that he is willing to put his body on the line, than a fast bloke not willing to damage his fingernails.

Towers to be dropped, and de-listed at the end of the season, for mine.
    You're on the right track about Towers, but perhaps a bit extreme. He doesn't have a good tackling technique and needs to improve his approach to the contest. He was was battered about by Alipate Carlisle, who is a big bloke, and I think Towers got a bit gun shy. I think this will be pointed out to him in the game review. We have to see how he adjusts. I think Cunningham was the one chosen to make way for Macca for similar reasons.

No I did not

Sorry, Matt80, my mistake ... "Knock some guys to the ground, get in a scuffle if you have to. Get angry. Don't let anyone think that you are going to the NEAFL without some blokes feeling some pain." all sounds very placidly motivated indeed.

Anyone who has been on "dropped row" (on the verge of being dropped)
    You sound like you have endured the pain of "dropped row" ... nearly as dramatic as death row

Anyone who has been on "dropped row" (on the verge of being dropped) as Adam is now, knows the importance of having a high intensity week on the track. He needs to show the coaches that he is highly motivated to give the pressure and physical acts that the Swans are famous for.
    Ah yes, after umpteen seasons at the elite level, 2 Brownlows, 2 Premierships, B&Fs, AAs, I can see why the coaches would now question his motivation. One week of gruelling intensity on the track should reassure them.
    Last edited by 0918330512; 13th April 2015 at 01:14 PM.

Suspended by the MRP
    I have been on "dropped row" and it's not a great place to be. Cunningham was on "dropped row" after round one.
    You have an insecure feeling, you know you are next, and you hope the coaches give you one more chance to find your best.

When on "dropped row" you find a little bit extra at training. You have more voice, you chase harder and you hit and tackle harder. I'm sure this is the same situation with professionals.

My words have been misconstrued. I never said injure a teammate. A bruise is not an injury. All I said was that Adam needs to display some extra grunt and physical pressure this week at training.

He needs to show the coaching staff he is fired up and encourage them to give him one more chance. He then needs to play really well (3 goals, 7 marks, 7 tackles) and get himself of "dropped row"!

Quote Originally Posted by penga View Post
    Towers is softer than Trent Dennis-Lane, if that is possible. Some of his tackling efforts, and strength in the contest, were absolutely deplorable on Sat night. I don't care if Mitchell is slower, I would much rather a bloke in a red and white guernsey showing that he is willing to put his body on the line, than a fast bloke not willing to damage his fingernails.

Towers to be dropped, and de-listed at the end of the season, for mine.
    Dunno if we were watching g the same game, but that was Towers best game by far I've seen from him. Soft or not, if he keeps playing like that won't be getting dropped.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    I have been on "dropped row" and it's not a great place to be. Cunningham was on "dropped row" after round one.
    You have an insecure feeling, you know you are next, and you hope the coaches give you one more chance to find your best.

When on "dropped row" you find a little bit extra at training. You have more voice, you chase harder and you hit and tackle harder. I'm sure this is the same situation with professionals.

My words have been misconstrued. I never said injure a teammate. A bruise is not an injury. All I said was that Adam needs to display some extra grunt and physical pressure this week at training.

He needs to show the coaching staff he is fired up and encourage them to give him one more chance. He then needs to play really well (3 goals, 7 marks, 7 tackles) and get himself of "dropped row"!
    "Do not go gentle into that good night."

And "dropped row" is preferable to being "renegaded".
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    "Do not go gentle into that good night."

And "dropped row" is preferable to being "renegaded".

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    You're on the right track about Towers, but perhaps a bit extreme. He doesn't have a good tackling technique and needs to improve his approach to the contest. He was was battered about by Alipate Carlisle, who is a big bloke, and I think Towers got a bit gun shy. I think this will be pointed out to him in the game review. We have to see how he adjusts. I think Cunningham was the one chosen to make way for Macca for similar reasons.
    Carlisle is a lot bigger than Towers, that's why he should've had his head down going flat out, rather than let Carlisle dictate the contest.

If you get a chance, Melbourne_Blood, have a closer look at him when he is anywhere near a contest.. He seriously lacks the commitment we need in the red and white. If he's wide open, in a bit of paddock, he isn't too bad, that's why he gives the impression of a decent game. Close to a pack, however, quite frankly, he is pathetic.
    C'mon Chels!

Twitter:

"Sydney Swans ?@sydneyswans � 5m5 minutes ago
    Coach John Longmire is set to speak to the media shortly. Live tweets to follow."

Surely this is not THE announcement. Probably just the usual media commitments.

Happy and I know it
    Quote Originally Posted by Swansongster View Post
    Twitter:

Coach John Longmire is set to speak to the media shortly. Live tweets to follow."

Yep just the usual. McGlynn a chance to play this week.
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Quote Originally Posted by Swansongster View Post
    Twitter:

Nah! Just the usual scripted footy Newspeak.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast