Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Horses coaching

Horses coaching

Watching game live and it seems coaching is a bit pro active ,creative different swans ?

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tasmania60 View Post
    Watching game live and it seems coaching is a bit pro active ,creative different swans ?
    Agree 100%. Everything they tried we had answers for tonight. Ken Hinkley looked bordering on helpless in the coaches box at times.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Conor_Dillon View Post
    Agree 100%. Everything they tried we had answers for tonight. Ken Hinkley looked bordering on helpless in the coaches box at times.
    They went in with a great game plan, were up and going, then reacted well to Port's moves. So Horse is good when we're going well, it's his 'reactivity' when we're down and going badly that I still worry about. A bit of boldness at the selection table might be good too, but so far this year, he seems to be making the right calls. I'd like to see Mitchell in soon, maybe a bit of midfield rotation resting players(ie; Heeney and the older guns for a break when needed) against lower sides later in the season could be good, giving Mitchell and others like Hewitt a taste. It's hard though with the midfield depth, we've still got to fit McGlynn in there somewhere!! Horse must be smiling at the moment.....

They (all the 'Horses') must detest being on camera, especially after a 'coach killer' .
    Hinkley looked like he was watching

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    They went in with a great game plan, were up and going, then reacted well to Port's moves. So Horse is good when we're going well, it's his 'reactivity' when we're down and going badly that I still worry about. A bit of boldness at the selection table might be good too, but so far this year, he seems to be making the right calls. I'd like to see Mitchell in soon, maybe a bit of midfield rotation resting players(ie; Heeney and the older guns for a break when needed) against lower sides later in the season could be good, giving Mitchell and others like Hewitt a taste. It's hard though with the midfield depth, we've still got to fit McGlynn in there somewhere!! Horse must be smiling at the moment.....
    I think Goodes in the green vest showed a bit of boldness on Horse's part.

And in today's Age Jude is quoted as saying Adam's game against Essendon was "shocking". I think we may well see other changes when they're needed, or provide an advantage.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

agree dimelb

it was the right call by the snr players group and the coaches re Goodes and given McGlynn is back very soon ready for Snrs it will make Adams plight even more challenging

if Towers evolves and shows continual evolvement he will keep Goodes from starting as the small forward role. Other selections such as Gary Rohan also push Adam down the list ...........I just have that feeling we are about to see Gazza start to shine.......the players and coaches have given him a stack of game time with fairly sub par performances and he has started to show glimpses of what he can do.

Towers and Rohan after a whole season thru 2015 will add alot more to the teams capacity and flexibility than Goodes as a small forward

If Gary took a couple more of those marks it could have been his best game for a while against Port

so back to the main point Goodes to Sub was critically important coaching against Port equally Jake Lloyd playing long minutes was the right call
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Suspended by the MRP
    I just can't get my head around the concept of Goodes being dropped.

Come on Adam. At training tell the rehab and physio guys to sit down. Throw away your modified grid. Get involved in full contact training. Knock some guys to the ground, get in a scuffle if you have to.

Get angry. Don't let anyone think that you are going to the NEAFL without some blokes feeling some pain.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt80 View Post
    I just can't get my head around the concept of Goodes being dropped.

Come on Adam. At training tell the rehab and physio guys to sit down. Throw away your modified grid. Get involved in full contact training. Knock some guys to the ground, get in a scuffle if you have to.

Get angry. Don't let anyone think that you are going to the NEAFL without some blokes feeling some pain.
    I can. If he isn't in the best 22 for a match, then he will be dropped - as sad as that is for a champion like Goodes.

Your suggestion however is bizarre - basically telling him to get antsy and try to injure his team mates in order to keep his spot in the team? Sounds like the last thing that Goodes would do, being the outstanding ambassador for our club that he is.

You never cease to amaze with some of your more 'out there' posts.....
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    I can. If he isn't in the best 22 for a match, then he will be dropped - as sad as that is for a champion like Goodes.

Your suggestion however is bizarre - basically telling him to get antsy and try to injure his team mates in order to keep his spot in the team? Sounds like the last thing that Goodes would do, being the outstanding ambassador for our club that he is.

I did not say injure his team mates. I said that he needs to make a physical statement at training this week. It's a contact sport. When you are under pressure for your spot, you need to let everyone at training know that you mean business and that you will fight hard.

Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post

I did not say injure his team mates. I said that he needs to make a physical statement at training this week. It's a contact sport. When you are under pressure for your spot, you need to let everyone at training know that you mean business and that you will fight hard.
    actually, it kinda sounds like you did
    Last edited by 0918330512; 13th April 2015 at 11:52 AM.

Senior Player
    Towers is softer than Trent Dennis-Lane, if that is possible. Some of his tackling efforts, and strength in the contest, were absolutely deplorable on Sat night. I don't care if Mitchell is slower, I would much rather a bloke in a red and white guernsey showing that he is willing to put his body on the line, than a fast bloke not willing to damage his fingernails.

Towers to be dropped, and de-listed at the end of the season, for mine.
    C'mon Chels!

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by 09183305 View Post
    actually, it kinda sounds like you did
    No I did not. Anyone who has been on "dropped row" (on the verge of being dropped) as Adam is now, knows the importance of having a high intensity week on the track. He needs to show the coaches that he is highly motivated to give the pressure and physical acts that the Swans are famous for.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast