Mcglynn into the 22 and Tom Mitchell added to emergencies

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    Nick Smith OUT, Ben McGlynn IN.

Mitchell added to emergencies.

Hopefully it's nothing serious!
    Twitter @cmdil
    Instagram @conordillon

Warming the Bench
    Is anyone else worried about Towers ability to tackle. Both Essendon and Port ran through all his attempts to tackle. It was very frustrating to watch.
    I know he must bring something to our structure that i'm missing but he seems to be very lucky to be in the team IMO

Thoughts?

Happy to be wrong

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    Swans website reporting that he has a minor groin problem but is expected to be fit to travel to Perth next week.
    Twitter @cmdil
    Instagram @conordillon

Quote Originally Posted by Plugger1300 View Post
    Is anyone else worried about Towers ability to tackle. Both Essendon and Port ran through all his attempts to tackle. It was very frustrating to watch.
    I know he must bring something to our structure that i'm missing but he seems to be very lucky to be in the team IMO

Thoughts?

Happy to be wrong

I'd be more worried about Cunningham and Benny. Benny has had little preparation and hasn't played a full game yet and I think it foolhardy to bring him in after such poor game time. Harry has not been more than average in the pre-season matches and continued that form against Essendon. In fact I would say he was poor against Essendon, his pressure and run and chase just weren't there. He fumbled and his kicking was crap. He wasn't really mentioned in dispatches in the Twos either so I am a bit sceptical as to his selection. Would rather select someone who is on the top of their form. My picks would have been Mitchell, 28 D and Jones who managed 17 disposals.

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by Conor_Dillon View Post
    Nick Smith OUT, Ben McGlynn IN.

Mitchell added to emergencies.

Hopefully it's nothing serious!
    This is why Goodes should have accepted the sub role. He could now be in the 21 with Rohan deployed to cover Smith in the backline.

Regular in the Side
    Wolfie Cunningham was not mentioned in the reserves because he was not playing. Was the travelling emergency to Adelaide.

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Are most of GWS' forward threats taller types? I would have though Jones, if not injured, would have been a replacement for Smooch.
    I guess this shows our depth is not that great in the small defender type.
    With the team named Rampe could move into Smooch's role, on Whitfield?. I don't think Shaw can play that shut down role. Hopefully Reid can make his man accountable by running hard the other way when possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt80 View Post
    ... Rohan deployed to cover Smith in the backline.
    I hope this doesn't happen. Last weeks' game showed Rohan in his best/most natural role.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Quote Originally Posted by Matt80 View Post
    This is why Goodes should have accepted the sub role. He could now be in the 21 with Rohan deployed to cover Smith in the backline.
    If your theory about this was correct, Goodsey could have easily replaced Mitchell as the promoted emergency, & then got a call up pre-game. If he was the sub, he'd likely still be the sub with someone else covering Smith & Benny starting on the bench. The sub doesn't automatically get moved into the 21. I'd say he wants game time.

Quote Originally Posted by rb4x View Post
    Wolfie Cunningham was not mentioned in the reserves because he was not playing. Was the travelling emergency to Adelaide.
    Even worse he has no match play after being dropped

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RogueSwan View Post
    Are most of GWS' forward threats taller types? I would have though Jones, if not injured, would have been a replacement for Smooch.
    Cameron, McCarthy and the resting ruckman in Phillips/Mumford will be the three talls. Dev Smith the small-medium forward and usually Rhys Palmer tags the opposition's best running defender with a resting midfielder as the sixth forward.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post
    Agree...Which makes Cunningham a lucky inclusion this week.

He needs to play with a lot more intensity and hardness, than what he's shown so far this year, or he won't hold his spot.
    He is a soft rooster like Trent Dennis -Lane. Doesn't like getting bruised and his mum doesn't want him to get his shorts dirty. Top sides sort these types out quickly. Is very limited value to the team. Others need time before him Or I suspect there will be too many putting their hand up at seasons end for a trade.