Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Goodesy to play ressies?

Just been told ressies game has been moved from SCG cause of wet ground ????

Too late for him to retire now...
    I trust that we'll see him back in the firsts.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Suspended by the MRP
    I was listening to someone on Fox Footy who said that the older you get, the more in the middle of the ground you need to be. He used the example of Sam Mitchell playing in tight and not in space.

ROK realised in his late 20s that he would not survive in the open field as a half-forward. He then became an inside midfield extractor and had some terrific years in that role.

Goodes won a brownlow in 2006 as a pure midfielder (age 26), but in the years after that he had to play as a forward in open space to cover the misadventure of Barry Hall and then Halls departure. He played well and gave the Swans some great options up forward.

I wonder now if he should have stayed in the midfield and been a pure extractor like Josh Kennedy is now. He still has acceleration over 20m and is still classy. Like ROK it would have kept him in the tight part of the field and not the open side of the field?

Any thoughts?

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jewels View Post
    Any idea where the new ground is

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Jewels View Post
    Such a shame. I thougt it would happen though. Where did u hear ?

Bit of a difference there
    Chillin' with the strange Quarks

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt80 View Post
    I was listening to someone on Fox Footy who said that the older you get, the more in the middle of the ground you need to be. He used the example of Sam Mitchell playing in tight and not in space.

ROK realised in his late 20s that he would not survive in the open field as a half-forward. He then became an inside midfield extractor and had some terrific years in that role.

Goodes won a brownlow in 2006 as a pure midfielder (age 26), but in the years after that he had to play as a forward in open space to cover the misadventure of Barry Hall and then Halls departure. He played well and gave the Swans some great options up forward.

I wonder now if he should have stayed in the midfield and been a pure extractor like Josh Kennedy is now. He still has acceleration over 20m and is still classy. Like ROK it would have kept him in the tight part of the field and not the open side of the field?

Any thoughts?
    He would still be forced to chase and apply defenssive pressure though
    Twitter @cmdil
    Instagram @conordillon

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post

Swans site has it at Lakeside as well. Excellent.
    Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way you'll be a mile away and he'll be shoeless.

Quote Originally Posted by undy View Post
    Swans site has it at Lakeside as well. Excellent.
    What bugs me is why does it have to be moved forward timewise to 10.30am? I was hoping to catch the 2nd half of the game tomorrow, but now know there is no chance of doing that with the earlier start.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

The buses coming into stop at that oval there might be an issue if the game finishes around 3.40 as originally planned.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast