Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Goodesy to play ressies?

Hmm, reads like an obituary but I'm sure Wilson means well. He ain't dead yet.

Adam will be back. Nothing surer.

Opti-pessi-misti
    I agree - a very perceptive but honouring assessment by Rebecca Wilson. Like Swanwolf however, I would add to it the assessment of his teammate Rhyce Shaw, that those who are writing Goodesy off right now 'have rocks in their head'.

Ray Warren was taking about Goodes on the radio this morning.
    He's taken it on face value. Basically said if Goodesy says it is so then it is so.
    Also said he thinks he'll be back and he is Goodes plays for the good(es) of the team not himself.
    Has a lot of respect for him

Veterans List
    According to Dermie he said that Goodes cracked the @@@@s and took his bat and ball and left . Only caught the end of the conversation but that's typical Dermott.

"be tough, only when it gets tough"

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    According to Dermie he said that Goodes cracked the @@@@s and took his bat and ball and left . Only caught the end of the conversation but that's typical Dermott.
    Dermie is such a tool. He only ever did one good thing when he played for us, and that was stand on a Hawk players head(Ryan Tallis).

Regular in the Side
    A very encouraging and touching story at
    Swans coach John Longmire no stranger to challenges facing Adam Goodes - AFL.com.au

How good it will be to farewell the champion with a GF win again!

There are some idiot posts you either react to or ignore.

I see the situation with Goodsey as all positive. From all reports he is not struggling with fitness just taking longer to get match fit. Come the middle of the season and we have injuries then he will be an incredible asset. The same come finals time. If at that stage he has played 15 - 20 games in the year and is not in our top 22 then we will be odds on to take top prize.

Until I see otherwise this current situation of playing in the ressies is best for the team and Goodsey. He is a true champ.

Unsurprisingly, he's not travelling to Perth.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Goodesy to play ressies?

Quote Originally Posted by southsideswan View Post
    There are some idiot posts you either react to or ignore.

I see the situation with Goodsey as all positive. From all reports he is not struggling with fitness just taking longer to get match fit. Come the middle of the season and we have injuries then he will be an incredible asset. The same come finals time. If at that stage he has played 15 - 20 games in the year and is not in our top 22 then we will be odds on to take top prize.

Until I see otherwise this current situation of playing in the ressies is best for the team and Goodsey. He is a true champ.
    I totally agree with this comment. Goodes was the only Swans player to receive votes for the NEAFL MVP Award last week. Votes are cast by both umpires and coaches, so this pretty much confirms that Adam is a class above most of our Reserves players (as we would expect). So far we have been lucky with injuries in the seniors but looking at the carnage at some of the other clubs we might not sustain that luck. We could be very grateful that we have Goodes to call on before the season is finished.

Agree as well ^^^^
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234