Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread Rnd3 Sydney V GWS

Heeney seems to be working out nicely
    We've yelled 'to Heeney' so often now we're calling him Tahini.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotpotato View Post
    31,990 Swans supporters
    2 Giants supporters
    GWS are pretty amazing , excellent skills, hit targets, run all day , keep pressing and possessing .
    Well done to them with no fan base .
    They deserve a lot of credit .
    Disappointing. If we had a decent stadium in a good location like Adelaide oval or MCG we could get much better crowds and both teams be much stronger .

The numbers could be a bit higher, the turnstile I went through wasn't working properly so it wasn't scanning tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Disappointing. If we had a decent stadium in a good location like Adelaide oval or MCG we could get much better crowds and both teams be much stronger .
    It sounds like a good idea, but wouldn't it be even harder for you to get to home games if they were being played in Adelaide or Melbourne?

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    It sounds like a good idea, but wouldn't it be even harder for you to get to home games if they were being played in Adelaide or Melbourne?
    If, as quoted , only 2 Giants fans went out of 10,000 odd members, then we have a serious stadium location problem. probably says our eastern suburbs caps out at about 30k. I dont think this is sustainable, especially in lean time. The decision to abandon greater sydney will cost us dearly.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    No they are near train stations.

I'm not overly familiar with the Sydney suburbs, but just out of interest, what would be an equivalent location in Sydney to Richmond in Melbourne (MCG) or North Adelaide in Adelaide ( Adelaide oval) ?

Richmond for me is not unlike Surry Hills
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    i do have concern when you see a player of 18yrs of age come off the ground in rd 3 with ice applied all over both knees
    Don't be concerned. It's one of the best ways to manage injuries of any severity. Basic rest, ice, elevation & compression can significantly reduce the severity of severe injuries & render niggily injuries insignificant. It's just routine management.

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    If, as quoted , only 2 Giants fans went out of 10,000 odd members, then we have a serious stadium location problem. probably says our eastern suburbs caps out at about 30k. I dont think this is sustainable, especially in lean time. The decision to abandon greater sydney will cost us dearly.
    You cannot be serious with this post.

SCG is very convenient and central and the light rail will improve things massively.

Homebush is serviced by a shuttle service and a rubbish stadium - Swans fans have voted with their feet on it.

Is it really fair for the swans to plan everything around your beloved ANZ Stadium membership?

- - - Updated - - -

Any chance of Barry getting his own "SCG is rubbish" thread so he can talk to himself and stop ambushing football threads

Another addition to my blocked list

Quote Originally Posted by Mug Punter View Post
    You cannot be serious with this post.

SCG is very convenient and central and the light rail will improve things massively.

Homebush is serviced by a shuttle service and a rubbish stadium - Swans fans have voted with their feet on it.

Is it really fair for the swans to plan everything around your beloved ANZ Stadium membership?

- - - Updated - - -

Any chance of Barry getting his own "SCG is rubbish" thread so he can talk to himself and stop ambushing football threads

Another addition to my blocked list
    Of course we have to plan everything around the anz membership - after all he isnt going to venture away from that dump and pay to watch the swans anytime soon.....

- - - Updated - - -

Reid's skills were awful tonight. 4 or 5 times he did good work to get the ball then coughed it up with a shocking kick or handball. You can get away with that a bit in the forward line, but not down back.

i thought 32k for a game against the giants at the scg wasnt a bad turnout at all to be honest - should be quite a few sellouts this season id say at that rate.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Regular in the Side crackedactor's Avatar
    love what the foxtel commentator say- Heeney is becoming one of the most exciting players in the game- I think we will be hearing from Eddie Macguire this week!

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast