Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread Rnd3 Sydney V GWS

Happy and I know it
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt80 View Post
    I've only seen one quarter of the game, but I'm not sure where we would be without Lance Franklin. It was a 21 point margin and he contributed 5 goals. Four of those guys would be low probability chances for most AFL players. Quite simply, we would not have won without him.
    Heeney got four goals so you could equally say we wouldn't have won if he hadn't played.
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Not at all. A phrase this another way. If there was no Franklin and Sam Reid was playing his position, would we have beaten Essendon and GWS?
    Your straying into a world of hypotheticals Matt80.... who knows what the result might have been - there is no value add from playing the 'what if' game...

You know, if we had of had Paul Kelly, Bob Skilton, Paul Roos, Tony Lockett all in their prime playing on GF day in 2014, we might have won that too....
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Ok, so if we had Sam Reid up forward then we may have had a genuine defender down back who may have stopped 21 points for GWS..

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by erica View Post
    Heeney got four goals so you could equally say we wouldn't have won if he hadn't played.
    That is true. As well as the four goals, what about the beautiful vision with his handballs. The Rugby League community in Newcastle would be devastated. Heeney has the vision to be the next Andrew John's if he had chosen Rugby League.

Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    Your straying into a world of hypotheticals Matt80.... who knows what the result might have been - there is no value add from playing the 'what if' game...

You know, if we had of had Paul Kelly, Bob Skilton, Paul Roos, Tony Lockett all in their prime playing on GF day in 2014, we might have won that too....
    While we're what if-ing, what if our team of the century were all playing together in their prime (we'd have to drop some guys are there are a few walk up starters who have played since) ... on their day out best would beat all comers! ... what if ...

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    We would still have Mumford, Malceski, Everitt and probably Joel Patful as well...stupid hypothetical

I think that Rhyce Shaw deserves a little bit of love after last night, too.

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by Conor_Dillon View Post
    We would still have Mumford, Malceski, Everitt and probably Joel Patful as well...stupid hypothetical
    People on Red and White don't give Franklin enough credit. His magical goals and blistering tackles you just accept as business as usual.

People on Red and White don't give Franklin enough credit. His magical goals and blistering tackles you just accept as business as usual.
    People give Buddy plenty of credit. It just takes absolutely extraordinary things from him for his performances to stand out - for he is one of the best footballers in the competition, and he pulls off the freakish week after week. Noone undervalues that at all I don't think.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

All my league mates who watch a bit of the Swans all reckon Buddy is a freak.
    One of them said this morning he always kicks the ball square onto the boot so it goes in that beautiful arc .
    They reckon he breaks tackles like J. Thurston , reads the play like Langer and is as evasive as Billy Slater.
    He doesn't explode when things don't go his way , and is consistently good (GF) even when everyone else is playing poorly.

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    People on Red and White don't give Franklin enough credit. ...
    ... Noone undervalues that at all I don't think.
    I don't know where you get that idea from Matt, I never seen anything but admiration and praise for Lance Franklin. Unless you want to go way back to the first few rounds of last season, which would be drawing a very long bow.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

At least they would have had a crack! But i'm not still bitter and twisted.
    Last edited by aardvark; 19th April 2015 at 04:18 PM.

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast