Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread Rnd3 Sydney V GWS

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by RogueSwan View Post
    I don't know where you get that idea from Matt, I never seen anything but admiration and praise for Lance Franklin. Unless you want to go way back to the first few rounds of last season, which would be drawing a very long bow.
    Buddy is the Maradona of the Swans. Like Maradona he is often the difference between victory and defeat. I want this acknowledged. Without Franklin the GF margin would have been 100 points.

Happy and I know it
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt80 View Post
    Buddy is the Maradona of the Swans. Like Maradona he is often the difference between victory and defeat. I want this acknowledged. Without Franklin the GF margin would have been 100 points.
    You acknowledge it yourself - isn't that enough? You always seem to need external validation.
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Goes up to 11
    This is the match thread - how about not hijacking this one?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nicko18 View Post
    I was shocked at how few GWS supporters were there today. I wonder if in future years they could do a reciprocal membership agreement for the derby's
    There seemed to be two bays reserved for them. One which eventually had quite a bit of orange in in and another (maybe bay 11). The second one was was completely empty as the game started. I understand that the Giants fans are not that happy that they won't get their first real home game until May. That would put a bit of a dampener on your affections for the team.
    Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way you'll be a mile away and he'll be shoeless.

Quote Originally Posted by undy View Post
    There seemed to be two bays reserved for them. One which eventually had quite a bit of orange in in and another (maybe bay 11). The second one was was completely empty as the game started. I understand that the Giants fans are not that happy that they won't get their first real home game until May. That would put a bit of a dampener on your affections for the team.
    Bay Reserved for GWS Supporters:

Quote Originally Posted by undy View Post
    I understand that the Giants fans are not that happy that they won't get their first real home game until May. That would put a bit of a dampener on your affections for the team.
    I don't blame them ~ that's a ridiculous thing for the afl to do when they are trying to build up a following! Surely after last year, round 1 could have been a home game for them against us at ANZ, which would have given their members something.

Quote Originally Posted by erica View Post
    You acknowledge it yourself - isn't that enough? You always seem to need external validation.
    Unless one types like one is having a Matt-gasm of praise (see any of his posts about that Koch guy) Mr 80 is never satisfied that the RWO community are praising to his Mattisfaction

Quote Originally Posted by Jewels View Post
    I don't blame them ~ that's a ridiculous thing for the afl to do when they are trying to build up a following! Surely after last year, round 1 could have been a home game for them against us at ANZ, which would have given their members something.
    Because of the Easter show their ground is occupied anyway. Or, AFL is testing the ground in Canberra to become the new home ground for GWS.

so true

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    Buddy is a genuine freak, nobody is underrating him. Really excited about seeing him on the wide open expanses of Domain Stadium next weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Zlatorog View Post
    Because of the Easter show their ground is occupied anyway. Or, AFL is testing the ground in Canberra to become the new home ground for GWS.
    With the swans pulling back to the east, there is no way the AFL will abandon greater sydney.

Well, you'd expect not anyway .

Warming the Bench
    Mummy was reported for rough conduct. From a long way away, it looked like Mummy headbutted Laidler.

Has anyone seen any vision that supports this?

I was quite surprised how much feeling there was out there with Mummy and especially Kieran.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast