Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: Match Thread Rnd3 Sydney V GWS

Just wild about Harry
    Quote Originally Posted by Ampersand View Post
    Rewatch the game. Reid was truly awful and his turnovers ultimately cost us at least two goals.

Parker was off against Essendon PRIOR to his concussion. Just under half of his 35 disposals were not to our advantage, with 7 kicks going directly to the opposition. It's no coincidence that we improved when he went off. He is badly out of form and his kicking in particular has been pretty poor.

He did improve somewhat against GWS but he did still manage to shank a few. Hopefully his miracle goal gives him some confidence.
    I am assuming that he is receiving a pretty heavy tag these days. I wonder if that is effecting him more than we realize? He will come good once he is taught how to overcome it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dosser View Post
    I am assuming that he is receiving a pretty heavy tag these days. I wonder if that is effecting him more than we realize? He will come good once he is taught how to overcome it.
    +1

Long Term Injury List
    Parker was off against Essendon PRIOR to his concussion. Just under half of his 35 disposals were not to our advantage, with 7 kicks going directly to the opposition. It's no coincidence that we improved when he went off. He is badly out of form and his kicking in particular has been pretty poor.
    I might be taking the bait here but did you not notice that the coaches both gave Luke Parker votes as best on ground for the Essendon game? Not a bad achievement when you only play 3/4 of a game.

Quote Originally Posted by baskin View Post
    I might be taking the bait here but did you not notice that the coaches both gave Luke Parker votes as best on ground for the Essendon game? Not a bad achievement when you only play 3/4 of a game.
    When you go down a stat sheet, 35 disposals is pretty hard to ignore but digging deeper his disposal efficiency badly let us down and, not to harp on it, that fact was pretty well reflected on the scoreboard. I'd rather a player get 28 disposals at 80% than 35 at 60% and, indeed, when you actually work out the effective disposals that actually HELP the team (22 vs 21 respectively) you can see that it actually matters.

Anyway, I feel like I'm turning into Matt80 here with this bugbear so I won't say anymore on the subject, suffice it to say there are better ways to assess a player's contribution than looking at just disposal numbers. Poor disposals hurt a team's overall performance.

When you go down a stat sheet, 35 disposals is pretty hard to ignore but digging deeper his disposal efficiency badly let us down and, not to harp on it, that fact was pretty well reflected on the scoreboard. I'd rather a player get 28 disposals at 80% than 35 at 60% and, indeed, when you actually work out the effective disposals that actually HELP the team (22 vs 21 respectively) you can see that it actually matters.

Anyway, I feel like I'm turning into Matt80 here with this bugbear so I won't say anymore on the subject, suffice it to say there are better ways to assess a player's contribution than looking at just disposal numbers. Poor disposals hurt a team's overall performance.
    That is true Ampersand, but he does get a lot of his disposals in pretty heavy traffic as well - which outside of the very much elite of the competition (something no doubt we hope Parker will ultimately become) does have some impact on efficiency. He will come good in time however, and at least his relative 'dry spell' isn't per say in relation to actually getting the pill, just using it.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Parker is trying too hard and thus not as balanced as he was. Balance is the key..prime example Pendlebury
    "The Dog days are over, The Dog days are gone" Florence and the Machine

Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    Enough Barry - we get your undying love for anz, stop constantly hijacking threads with it - it is tiresome to say the least.

If only there was 'anz stadium lovers' forum you could hang out on...
    Get over your complex, i wasnt talking about ANZ.

So that's why the club asked for twilight games - our victory timed to perfection, moments before the great deluge of 2015 began. Hooray for Heeney, Child of the Sun! Losing Smith while still adapting to the loss of Malceski made things more difficult, an accurate adversary would've beaten us. But they weren't and they didn't and we are undefeated! For now.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112