Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rnd 4 V Fremantle

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    I think goodes and laidler are fighting for 1 spot in the team. Not half back flanker or anything like that, but "slowest player". We get exposed for pace if both are playing.
    Laidler kept up with White in the Power match, he is not slow. But maybe if enough people say it often enough....
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Watched towers has a few issues

Quote Originally Posted by tasmania60 View Post
    Watched towers has a few issues
    A few too many issues for my liking

It's ironic reading posts wanting Reid dropped and saying he will never replace Teddy...

As a forward, Ted was not as effective as Reid and was put in defence as a last resort, he only got a reprieve due to injury....

So history would say, give Reid time to find his feet as a defender. He's already an excellent spoiler, has good skills and size.

His decision making, as a defender, is his weakness at present. Game time, as a defender, should solve this issue...

I think he's going OK, and don't think he'll be dropped anytime soon.

I like the way Laidler plays, he has a relatively limited skill set but he takes his opponent on, and takes the game on, when he gets the chance...He's a brave player in that respect.

Towers performance as sub was predictably ineffective. Hope not to see him and Cunningham on the same team.

OUT : Towers

IN : Smith

No idea about who should be sub.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

I find Reid frustrating but I think he needs to be given every chance.

I'd be going Smith IN and Towers OUT - unlike some I rate Towers but suspect he may be trade bait at year end

And I'd have Harry as the Sub

Can't believe some want Reid out especially given that we are playing against Fremantle this week who would be the tallest team in the league - his good far outweighs his bad to us

I'd give towers a full game.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    I'd give towers a full game.
    I also said that towers needs a full game can't be sub twice in a row. But I think he will get that in the reserves.

Barry who do you think will make way for smith coming back. That is the real question ?

More important question is: Will Goodes travel to Perth?

Quote Originally Posted by Zlatorog View Post
    I'd say no, reckon he needs a couple more games in the NEAFL to build up fitness and confidence, reckon Round 6 v the Dees could be the comeback.

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by Zlatorog View Post
    I don't think so. The inclusions (Mcglynn and Cunningham) played well against GWS. Nick Smith will come back in. There will be one out, but I don't know who the 2nd out will be to accommodate Goodes.

Quote Originally Posted by aguy View Post
    I also said that towers needs a full game can't be sub twice in a row. But I think he will get that in the reserves.

Barry who do you think will make way for smith coming back. That is the real question ?
    Good question. Harry probably.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast