Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rnd 4 V Fremantle

Changes for Rnd 4 V Fremantle

Outs. Reid Towers

Ins. Smith and whoever is our next key defender.

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    I'd say it would be Smith in for Towers.

The sub will be an interesting one...first one that pops to mind is Cunningham but then again he did a great job on Stephen Hill last year so they'll probably want that match up again. Whoever gets the green vest can consider themselves very unlucky.

I can't imagine Reid going out. Too much of a defence project player now. Needs to take over from Richards next year.

Quote Originally Posted by nomae View Post
    I can't imagine Reid going out. Too much of a defence project player now. Needs to take over from Richards next year.
    People bang on about Cunningham, Towers and Jetta not being "Hard at it" well Reid is the same. Can't pick up the ball below his knees, can't defend the player on the lead and only gets stats taking a few marks unopposed. If we're relying on him to take over from Teddy next year we better win this year.
    Having said that we waited for 8 years for White to stop being a spud.

On the veteran's list
    Everybody get off Reid's back. We don't know what the coaches ask him to do. He makes a lot of spoils and is in the right place as a defender which often makes it difficult for teams to run their forward structures. Why does this site always need a whipping boy and why is there always a favourite in the reserves who would do better if only the coaches would play him?
    Those who have the greatest power to hurt us are those we love.

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    Having said that we waited for 8 years for White to stop being a spud.
    Damn right! Great to see Snowy running around at Collingwood making unforced errors, giving away frees and confusing the hell out of his team mates. Reid is not in that league but he really does need to find his feat, literally. I can't see him replacing Teddy who really is a marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cat View Post
    Everybody get off Reid's back. We don't know what the coaches ask him to do. He makes a lot of spoils and is in the right place as a defender which often makes it difficult for teams to run their forward structures. Why does this site always need a whipping boy and why is there always a favourite in the reserves who would do better if only the coaches would play him?
    The guy is just frustrating as he has always been 'nearly' there. He was great last night in getting in the right positions more often than not, making some good spoils and some good marks. But then he turned the ball over immediately 4 or 5 times with awful handballs or kicks straight to the Giants players. You can't afford to do that in the backline.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Just remember that Teddy (who's been my fav player almost since he joined the Swans) took a long time to develop to where he is now. He was relegated to the ressies and was considering retiring until Craig Bolton was injured and he was recalled.
    Some players need time.
    I think Sammy will be fine, he'll improve quickly

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by Conor_Dillon View Post
    I'd say it would be Smith in for Towers.

The sub will be an interesting one...first one that pops to mind is Cunningham but then again he did a great job on Stephen Hill last year so they'll probably want that match up again. Whoever gets the green vest can consider themselves very unlucky.
    Agree. Smith for Towers.

I would like to keep Towers in the side but Laidler and Shaw are playing very well and can't be dropped.

The sub is the delemna. I've called for Heeney to be the sub, but he is feeding Franklin so effectively and needs to stay in the 21. Cunningham does a job on Hill and Bird will probable get a Barlow or Mundy.

Maybe Lloyd will have to be the sub. He is very effective at sub and I'm not sure who else you would have at sub.

I don't think there is room for Goodes this week and I don't think he would be happy about a sub role against Freemantle.

Sam Reid - 46 AF Points
    Ted Richards - 43 AF Points

Just saying...

Probably Towers needs to go back to the reserves to work on his tackling technique. Cunningham can use some help too, but we need one of them to cover one of their speedy players, probably Hill. Probably bring in either Jones or Mitchell as the sub.

It will be a tough call for Longmire, but maybe it's time for Reid to be dropped for Smith. Reid's problem seems more mental than physical. Every game he makes a few really poor kicks or decision errors. Every player loses concentration from time to time, but you can't make those critical errors on a regular basis playing in defence. I honestly don't know what the solution is with Reid and what's going to turn the key for him. He's such an important player for us if we want to improve.

Hard to see the XXII changing other than Smith returning. Will he come back in for McGlynn? It all depends on match ups I guess but it's a touch decision as to who to leave out. No way will it be Reid though. I can't see Goodes coming back in for a match like this in Perth. He'd be better off with another reserves match under his belt then coming back in the week after.

On a lighter note, that's got to be the greatest misspelling of "dilemma" I've ever seen Matt. :-)
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast