Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: Changes for Rnd 4 V Fremantle

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    For me the interesting thing is the battle of the coaches. Both seem to have the same intensity of the Roos era but even Lyon seems to have added a more offensive element to the game plan.

Is there any 'history' between them from their time together under Roos?
    IIRC Longmire was the favourite for the Saints job but the Saints plumped for Lyon instead on the back of his presentation

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    For me the interesting thing is the battle of the coaches. Both seem to have the same intensity of the Roos era but even Lyon seems to have added a more offensive element to the game plan.

Is there any 'history' between them from their time together under Roos?
    I've thought it was the other way around. Lyons has just taken the Roos defensive game to the Saints and now Freo while Horse developed better rebound attack a couple of years ago. But obviously Freo has now developed better attack for this season as they worked out they just weren't kicking enough goals. So we are a couple of years ahead of him, I reckon.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying South View Post
    So let me get this straight. If we have a couple of late outs, then Hiscox will come into the team. Not Mitchell. Not Jones. Not Robinson. I have absolutely no idea.
    We have done this before on trips to Perth. Hiscox has been playing regularly in the reserves so they'd rather the guys closer to the first team get a full game at home rather than fly all the way over there and not play. Towers is the obvious inclusion if there's an injury.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    We have done this before on trips to Perth. Hiscox has been playing regularly in the reserves so they'd rather the guys closer to the first team get a full game at home rather than fly all the way over there and not play. Towers is the obvious inclusion if there's an injury.
    Thanks Doc and Ampersand. Your thoughts make sense and I am feeling a little less bewildered. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by aguy View Post
    Good choice. That was my pick too. Mcglynn offers grunt and a change of height as sub. Also good for him to be managed a little coming back from his injuries
    So, is that a midget sub for Anzac Day?

Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    Midfields are pretty evenly matched, either group could be better on their day. I think if we get enough supply they could struggle to cope with Buddy and Tippett ( and Heeney of course) . No Ballantyne and No Crowley hurts them. It should be a good game but if we play at our best I think we're a better team.
    I think they are playing better without Crowley. It's given them a more attacking style I think.

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    So, is that a midget sub for Anzac Day?
    I chuckled
    "The Dog days are over, The Dog days are gone" Florence and the Machine

More like an Exocet missile the way Benny goes at the ball.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    More like an Exocet missile the way Benny goes at the ball.
    What an excellent sub

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112