Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rnd 4 V Fremantle

Quote Originally Posted by Matt80 View Post
    Agree. Smith for Towers.

I would like to keep Towers in the side but Laidler and Shaw are playing very well and can't be dropped.

The sub is the delemna. I've called for Heeney to be the sub, but he is feeding Franklin so effectively and needs to stay in the 21. Cunningham does a job on Hill and Bird will probable get a Barlow or Mundy.

Maybe Lloyd will have to be the sub. He is very effective at sub and I'm not sure who else you would have at sub.

I don't think there is room for Goodes this week and I don't think he would be happy about a sub role against Freemantle.
    Rhyce Shaw was ok offensively but defensively he was crap. His player, Palmer kicked three goals and had plenty of it. The thing that worries me is if they want to score goals they just target Rhyce. It happened against Essendon too, Chappy and Merritt absolutely slaughtered him.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt80 View Post
    Agree. Smith for Towers.

I would like to keep Towers in the side but Laidler and Shaw are playing very well and can't be dropped.

The sub is the delemna. I've called for Heeney to be the sub, but he is feeding Franklin so effectively and needs to stay in the 21. Cunningham does a job on Hill and Bird will probable get a Barlow or Mundy.

Maybe Lloyd will have to be the sub. He is very effective at sub and I'm not sure who else you would have at sub.

I don't think there is room for Goodes this week and I don't think he would be happy about a sub role against Freemantle.

Why would anyone make Lloydy sub after last weeks game. He got 24 @ 90%. Tackles, ran, chased, pressured. Against Port 20 @ 80%. Take him any day. By the way his 1%ers are huge.

Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    Why would anyone make Lloydy sub after last weeks game. He got 24 @ 90%. Tackles, ran, chased, pressured. Against Port 20 @ 80%. Take him any day. By the way his 1%ers are huge.
    Exactly. His ball use, run and spread will be even more important on the huge wings of Subi. Lyon will surely send someone to Hanners and could do the same for Mcveigh.

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    I agree, Lloyd to be in the 21.

It is interesting to see Roos pushing for the sub to be eliminated now that there is a cap on rotations.melbourne demons coach paul roos urges afl to immediately axe sub rule
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

If Lloyd keeps playing the way he has, he will quickly become an automatic selection. He's one of our few players who can consistently hit a target. I loved the play when Buddy miskicked the ball to him, he recovered, evaded his opponent and got a pass off to Kizza who kicked the goal. It was very classy, and something that Macca would do; that's why I call him little Macca.

I agree with Smith in for Towers, which seems to be the most obvious, but it leaves a bit of a dilemma for the sub. I don't think Cunningham should be the sub, as we need him tag Hill. I can see Reid as sub if we think Ted, Reg and Laidler can cover their 3 talls. Laidler can probably handle Tabiner. But if Reid is in the side, Laidler may have to be dropped for a sub that can make an impact. I agree that the sub rule should go.

I commented in the NEAFL thread that I was unimpressed with Mitchell's. His 32 possessions had little impact. He is hard at it in the stoppages, but doesn't add much around the ground. I feel that Dan Robinson would be ahead of him for selection at this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    If Lloyd keeps playing the way he has, he will quickly become an automatic selection. He's one of our few players who can consistently hit a target. I loved the play when Buddy miskicked the ball to him, he recovered, evaded his opponent and got a pass off to Kizza who kicked the goal. It was very classy, and something that Macca would do; that's why I call him little Macca.

I agree with Smith in for Towers, which seems to be the most obvious, but it leaves a bit of a dilemma for the sub. I don't think Cunningham should be the sub, as we need him tag Hill. I can see Reid as sub if we think Ted, Reg and Laidler can cover their 3 talls. Laidler can probably handle Tabiner. But if Reid is in the side, Laidler may have to be dropped for a sub that can make an impact. I agree that the sub rule should go.

I commented in the NEAFL thread that I was unimpressed with Mitchell's. His 32 possessions had little impact. He is hard at it in the stoppages, but doesn't add much around the ground. I feel that Dan Robinson would be ahead of him for selection at this time.
    Agree 100% re Lloyd, he is fast becoming a real favourite of mine and like his fellow Rookie lister Rampe never seems to play a bad game.

What we do in terms of our rookie and recycled players is nothing short of miraculous - correct me if I am wrong but from our 22 on Saturday we had 11 in this category - Rampe, Lloyd, Jack, Richards, Kennedy, McGlynn, Pyke, Grundy, Smith, Laidler and Cunningham.

It's quite simply a remarkable statistic and I'd be interested to see how close other clubs are to this number...

This area will only be strengthened by the Academy system and the ability to nurture late developers within the Swans system.

Just as well this week's match is being played in Perth (where the forecast is for sunny, mid to high 20s all week) given the extraordinary storms and rain we are having in Sydney. I see that John Longmire transferred training off the SCG to the SCG indoor cricket nets today. Google must have anticipated that would happen.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429603081.550865.jpg

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Mug Punter View Post

It's quite simply a remarkable statistic and I'd be interested to see how close other clubs are to this number...
    I reckon Freo would be pretty close to us. They have a few starters who were rookies.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Regular in the Side PerthSwannie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    Just as well this week's match is being played in Perth (where the forecast is for sunny, mid to high 20s all week) given the extraordinary storms and rain we are having in Sydney. I see that John Longmire transferred training off the SCG to the SCG indoor cricket nets today. Google must have anticipated that would happen.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429603081.550865.jpg
    It`s gunna be a cracker. 25 and sunny.............
    Even Santa follows the Swannies.

Regular in the Side PerthSwannie's Avatar
    Oh hang on. It`s a night game. No sun.It will be a lovely night though.
    Even Santa follows the Swannies.

Senior Player

I asked the question, but many believed he wouldn't be travelling and now we know. I'm said for him, but it's probably expected. Media will have a field day with speculations about his future at the club.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast