Page 126 of 129 FirstFirst ... 2676116122123124125126127128129 LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,512 of 1538

Thread: Trade target discussion (merged thread)

At first, I was very happy that we stuffed up Hawthorn over the Carslile deal.
    NOW... geez I wish we'd left it alone and allowed that trainwreck to barrel through the poos and wees.
    Oh, the value of hindsight.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    At first, I was very happy that we stuffed up Hawthorn over the Carslile deal.
    NOW... geez I wish we'd left it alone and allowed that trainwreck to barrel through the poos and wees.
    Oh, the value of hindsight.
    The trouble is that he can play so he may have strengthened them rather than brought them down. I feel strangely sad for the Saints though.

Quote Originally Posted by Go Swannies View Post
    The trouble is that he can play so he may have strengthened them rather than brought them down. I feel strangely sad for the Saints though.
    Yes, but THEY would have had to have dealt with the controversy... not the ainters.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.

Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post
    So...
    In : Sinclair, Talia

Out : Jetta, Bird

Lots of pick swapping which nets a 235point profit..Better than a poke in the eye with a burnt stick, I guess.

Given our trade restrictions and salary cap constraints, not to bad I suppose..Though still surprised we couldn't do better for Bird.

But it's hard to grade until the draft is done and dusted.

If we can add Mills and Dunkley with out a 2016 deficit, then it's been a good result...Fingers crossed we don't have to deal with dodgy bids.

Others thoughts?

Think you answered your own questions ! Good results so far and the plan to get Mills & Dunkley is on track. Considering our restrictions probably the best we have hoped for is on track.

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Btw as I understand it GWS have 10 picks with draft points value but they need to have 10 vacancies to be able to bring those picks to draft night. By my count they're going to have to delist two players. Golds looks likely as one but the other is a lot harder. Perhaps Mohr and redraft him to the rookie list but another team could pounce on him if they do so
    Treloar, Hampton, Sumner, Plowman, Lamb, Philips, Townsend out, Simpson and SJ in. That makes net 5 down. Does that mean they have another 5 to delist?

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Treloar, Hampton, Sumner, Plowman, Lamb, Philips, Townsend out, Simpson and SJ in. That makes net 5 down. Does that mean they have another 5 to delist?
    +Bugg

So they'll have to cut 4 if they want to use all 10 picks.

Addison is out of contract and Golds seems to be the other option but in contract.

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    +Bugg

So they'll have to cut 4 if they want to use all 10 picks.

Addison is out of contract and Golds seems to be the other option but in contract.
    There are no obvious candidates to be cut, and even the most probable are probably contracted players. I doesn't make sense that the Giants would trade down for these picks knowing the situation.

It would make more sense to trade down to next year's picks which could be used to make up a deficit. But the Swans actually traded a next year 4th rounder to acquire pick 69 this year which looks as though it will not be used if the pick limitation is correct. It appeared that the intent was to add a bit of cushion to acquire Dunkley, but why so few points and at the expense of delisting a player in order to use it.

Either the pick number restrictions are different this year or the strategy of trading down by the Swans, Giants and Lions is badly mistaken.

Armstrong got delisted, didn't he?
    Did Lamb get another gig somewhere?
    Sad to see ex-swans bow out.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    Armstrong got delisted, didn't he?
    Did Lamb get another gig somewhere?
    Sad to see ex-swans bow out.
    Yes for armstrong,
    He wrote a good article about it, google:
    "AFL football's over, but its lessons remain ..."

Lamb plays on:
    http://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/201...-know-jed-lamb

Thanks MM.

love Colin !!!!!

O'Riordan feeling at home - sydneyswans.com.au

no bars held
    no holds barred
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Opti-pessi-misti
    Very impressive. I like his respect for the number and that he is proud to be following in Mike Pyke's footsteps. His attitude suggests that he is going to give his AFL opportunity his best shot, and has a maturity that will help him deal with homesickness issues. Hopefully in time it will be a matter of 'move over Tighe'.