Page 2 of 129 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Trade target discussion (merged thread)

Mitchell or Jones ?
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Given we are going to burn our entire 2015 ND picks to draft Callum Mills, how do people propose we trade for these suggested targets?
    Gws would demand Mitchell I'd say

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeynez View Post
    Gws would demand Mitchell I'd say
    I have great confidence in our club getting both Mills and Dunkley. Maybe Jones and .Mitchell have already flagged their intentions. If they don't get a game
    By mid season then that will be the indicator.

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    What do we think Henderson would be worth on an open market?

He's only 25, 196cm and 98kg. I know this is pure speculation due to our trade ban but I think he has potential to be a gun CHB in a decent team.

Tayte Pears from Essendon is another one who is out of contract at years end however being a Perth boy I'd say he's more likely to end up in purple.
    Twitter @cmdil
    Instagram @conordillon

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    I have great confidence in our club getting both Mills and Dunkley. Maybe Jones and .Mitchell have already flagged their intentions. If they don't get a game
    By mid season then that will be the indicator.
    I suspect if we will trade a player or two this year end. Mitchell is too good and on too much coin to be in the twos and he'd have good currency. I also think Jones or Towers have trade potential. Two of those three I reckon.

I can see us developing a "football factory" finishing school where we develop young men into 20 year olds that can slot straight into another clubs first team even if they are only fringe with us. A couple of second round trades a year can pretty much offset any academy points we need to come up with.

Pushing for Selection

$300,000

What can we get

- - - Updated - - -

I reckon we can get jack watts lol. Out of the headlights, train hard, learn how to play hard.

Senior Player
    Blog Entries
    I assume you're talking about the trading restriction? I think we'd have to trade with Melbourne first, but it's not a bad thread idea, it would be interesting to see what names people throw up.

Mods please change thread title to "Who can we recruit for less than $300,000?"

Pushing for Selection
    Yes I was referring to our limited trading, but the more I watch him, the less I like. Knowing our recruiters they will be scouring Australia for gems

Senior Player
    Blog Entries
    The thought was a good one, it doesn't hurt to think outside the box sometimes. But yes maybe Watts isn't the best idea
    Last edited by Xie Shan; 24th April 2015 at 10:15 PM. Reason: updated

Pushing for Selection
    You can't go number one without talent, but arm he's just hopeless. For what we are allowed to get , he not worth what he's on, straight swap for Mitchell, build him into a key back, it's what we need.

On the veteran's list
    Quote Originally Posted by Simo View Post
    You can't go number one without talent, but arm he's just hopeless. For what we are allowed to get , he not worth what he's on, straight swap for Mitchell, build him into a key back, it's what we need.
    Mitchell's going nowhere. Too good to trade. He's one injury away from our midfield. We are so light on for experienced depth at the moment we can't afford to trade anyone with ability. Really the only ones in the ressies who would be considered at the moment are Goodes, Mitchell, Jones, Towers and perhaps Hewitt. Our rookie promotions (Except Jake) are project players as are our 2014 draftees (except Zucchini) plus Aliir and Toby. Marsh and Derrickx are list cloggers. AJ is obviously unavailable and BJ seems to be slipping down the pecking order.
    Last edited by The Big Cat; 24th April 2015 at 11:48 PM.
    Those who have the greatest power to hurt us are those we love.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cat View Post
    Mitchell's going nowhere. Too good to trade. He's one injury away from our midfield. We are so light on for experienced depth at the moment we can't afford to trade anyone with ability. Really the only ones in the ressies who would be considered at the moment are Goodes, Mitchell, Jones, Towers and perhaps Hewitt. Our rookie promotions (Except Jake) are project players as are our 2014 draftees (except Zucchini) plus Aliir and Toby. Marsh and Derrickx are list cloggers. AJ is obviously unavailable and BJ seems to be slipping down the pecking order.
    My feeling now is that Mitchell will not be with our club next year. It is becoming ever harder to see how Tom is going to break into our midfield, which doesn't have a history of injuries. Mitchell looks well behind Bird at the moment, who gradually improves with each passing season. We also have a fair number of players that can go both inside and outside. In due course Heeney will increase his midfield rotations. I think both Jones and Hewett have more to offer than Mitchell. All that said, I think Mitchell would be a great addition to many midfields, ones like Carlton and WCE that don't have a strong ball winning clearance midfielder. We've got lots of them, with more on the way.

It's far too early in the season to know how things will pan out with the rest of the young group. I was even pleasantly surprised by Marsh in the reserves game after I had already written him off as a sure delisting.

I am much more worried about losing Jones than Mitchell. I hope we can find a way to get him around a half a season in the seniors. He plays a lot like his brother and has more pace. He's the kind of player you love to have in the side. The words soft and Zak Jones will never appear in the same sentence (except this one, of course).

It will be easier to see our requirements regarding Mills and Dunks once the new academy draft rules come down.