Page 5 of 129 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Trade target discussion (merged thread)

Alex Pearce from Freo. Has played two games this year. Will be in the price bracket we will be able to trade for. Key position defender. Handled himself well in those two games.

( and I taught him at Ulverstone High School..really nice kid)
    "The Dog days are over, The Dog days are gone" Florence and the Machine

Quote Originally Posted by Conor_Dillon View Post
    Noticed an article today mentioning that Robbie Tarrant is a free-agent come years end.
    He could be a possible target given that he would be right on the borderline of the salary limit on any players we pick up via a trade or free agency.

I know he's had his injury troubles but he's stringing some solid games together and looks to be a reasonable prospect and still only 26 years old. Would definitely attract more money from other clubs but may accept slight unders to come to a team in a premiership window ala Lake, Frawley etc.

Apologies if his name has already been thrown up!
    I have a feeling that we will be in the mixer for a decent defender at the end of the year, even at the reduced terms we can offer. A one year deal initially with the ability to upgrade it in the future once the restrictions are over. We are definitely a destination of choice amongst the AFL playing community.

From all reports we had Patful over the line last year until the trade ban which I am still unbelievably furious about. He would have been a good addition....

Bomber players

Bombers in disarray, with almost all players looking to get out and maybe get out of melbourne.

This opens up some significant poaching opportunities for us. Jake carlile in our backline anyone?

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Have you read this somewhere barry? Or been told by someone?
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Unless the trade restriction is lifted we have no chance of getting Carlisle who will command an above average salary

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Unless the trade restriction is lifted we have no chance of getting Carlisle who will command an above average salary
    So Hawthorn will get him?

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Surely there are ways around this. Offer him a 1 year deal on $300K, which he extends to higher and longer once he's here.
    The trick is to get Jake to insist on a trade to the swans and the swans only.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Go Swannies View Post
    So Hawthorn will get him?

I think that any club would have to be really careful in getting Essendon players, taking into consideration the potential banning, which may eventuate from the WADA appeal.

Would be quite a risk with the drug scandal still ongoing I would have thought

Regular in the Side
    The Glorious Peoples Republic of Hookturnistan
    Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    Have you read this somewhere barry? Or been told by someone?
    It's oxygen starvation - from being so high up in those stands at ANZ stadium.
    sprite

Quote Originally Posted by sprite View Post
    It's oxygen starvation - from being so high up in those stands at ANZ stadium.