Page 1 of 129 123451151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Trade target discussion (merged thread)

Trade target discussion (merged thread)

http://www.gwsgiants.com.au/player-p...adam-tomlinson

just wondering what everyones thoughts are on Adam ?

I didnt realise that Adam was a top 10 pick

He has a massive engine beating Josh Kelly in the 3km time trial at GWS at xmas

i think he has the potential for a trade and with two talls in Goodes and Richards close to the end of their careers and AJ in trouble with his knee still that makes 3 talls down in 2016 potentially ? .........I think we would be seriously considering picking him up Adam T before his price jumps to high

McCarthy has probably got the jump on Tomlinson after the display against us on the wknd which may help our endeavour if we choose to offer Adam a spot ?
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

He has a toe injury. He's in their best 22 and is a very handy player that plays up the ground a lot although i dont think he would play as the 1st or 2nd backman which is what we need. He also re-signed recently.

thanks Churry

ive only watched about 5 GWS games the last two seasons

didnt realise how important he is in their 22
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    He would be incredibly handy but I'd think some Vic clubs would price us out of the market. High draft picks like him and in that age bracket will always attract overs in terms of $$
    Twitter @cmdil
    Instagram @conordillon

Quote Originally Posted by Conor_Dillon View Post
    He would be incredibly handy but I'd think some Vic clubs would price us out of the market. High draft picks like him and in that age bracket will always attract overs in terms of $$
    Can't see us being able to afford him, Mills and Dunkley.

Talls in defence is a definite area for concern. Reckon Ted has one more quality season after this and Reg a couple so it is fast becoming a pressing concern.

Aliir would seem a long shot and Davis is way to early to call.

You'd hope that they are OK to serve us until the end of 2016 after which I gather the handcuffs are off in terms of who we can bring in. We may be able to recycle a player but more than likely we'd be looking at a free agent a la Brian Lake who can give us a few good years.

Again this is an area where we can really use the academy to our advantage as we know we have a need for this area in 2017 so any 16-17 year old academy players that are potential KPDs will be having a lot of time invested in them.

Sam Reid is way ahead of Ted at a similar age so cannot see why he will not take Teds role in defense with more development. That just leaves someone to cover Reg.

Senior Player
    After 20 rebound 50s in the first Rescues game I think Aliir might be more than a long shot, however maybe not the man to wrestle the gorillas.
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

Quote Originally Posted by Scottee View Post
    After 20 rebound 50s in the first Rescues game I think Aliir might be more than a long shot, however maybe not the man to wrestle the gorillas.
    To be fair I've only seen him play twice, I am going to try and watch the entire ressies game next week against the scholarship boys from Newtown and he is one player I'll keep a close eye on. I'd love to see him make it as he looks like an amazing athlete

Quote Originally Posted by Scottee View Post
    He is developing nicely I feel - still a bit off, but to me is probably more the replacement for Grundy than necessarily the replacement for Teddy in the longer term.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

It's not an urgent requirement just yet, I think we can probably get to the end of next season with Ted and Reg.

You'd think we'll probably need to look at Free Agency at the end of that season as it's really hard to see anyone coming through at this stage. X seems to be struggling from all reports, I still think Reid may be a decent defender but they need to play him there all to really find out.

Tomlinson plays a bit like Reid for us, running up and down the wings. He's probably a better player than Reid, but I don't think we need another one of these. In any case, I think the Giants would like to keep him.

A couple on their list that might be of interest are James Stewart and Lachie Plowman.

Stewart is a forward that might be able to convert to a key defender. He's looked sharp when he's played and I think he will find it hard to crack the Giants lineup. I think Cameron, Patton, McCarthy and Tomlinson are all ahead of him for tall forward positions. He wouldn't be expensive given he's only played a handful of games. Could have been a Collingwood FS selection, but they passed.

Plowman has been injured a lot and is currently on the injured list. He was a pick number 3. But the Giants backline is starting to firm up and with Tim Mohr coming back soon, it might be hard for Plowman to get many games. I think they will like Mohr's bulk to handle the bigger forwards and then will go with Davis and Haynes. Corr and Plowman look to be the one's left out for now.

I know Ted and Reg are not considered in the elite class of backmen, but they do a pretty good job together. Ted seems to be moving about the same as last year and hopefully he can go on another year. So maybe our situation with KPDs is not so urgent. The hope is that by the end of the season we will know a lot more where we stand with the likes of Reid, AJ, and some of the hopefuls running around in the ressies.

Veterans List
    Given we are going to burn our entire 2015 ND picks to draft Callum Mills, how do people propose we trade for these suggested targets?

Page 1 of 129 123451151101 ... LastLast