Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Heeney round 3 rising star

My mum thinks he's cute. I think he's a gun and could win multiple brownlows , and hopefully, norm smiths. I think getting a number on your Guernsey is more of skids thing, but if I was to, it would be tough to choose between 26 and 5.

A kids *

And he says the right things to the media!
    "RISING Star Isaac Heeney says he would be trying to forge a name for himself as an NRL full-back instead of shining for the Sydney Swans if not for the club�s talent academy."
    Isaac Heeney awarded Round 3 Rising Star nomination, becomes hot favourite for award

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    BF posters from pretty much every club were happy to hand him this week's nomination on Saturday night. And that is despite him only registering 10 possessions, when most are obsessed with stats. Indeed, I suspect many didn't realise he only registered 10 disposals, such was the impact he made with those 10.

Valuable as he is proving to be in the forward line - he and Buddy have quite something going on together - I can't wait until he makes a move into the midfield on a permanent basis. Some of his hand-offs to team mates have been sublime, and he seems very clean below the knees as well as overhead.
    Great post. I wonder when Longmire will move him into the midfield for the centre bounces.

He was doing a training drill with Pyke at the Swans in February, and you could see how clean his hands were. I thought at that point that he would not be a NEAFL player.

The media articles are piling up on our 'Milky Bar Kid'.
    'Isaac Heeney had never been to Adelaide before the Swans dusted Port Adelaide a couple of weeks ago � and he is about to set foot in the other Australian state he has never visited..' "They're the two states I haven't been to. And I don't know if [my parents] are going this week as it's pretty expensive and a bit of a trek."'
    Sydney Swans rookie Isaac Heeney set to cross off another state after Rising Star nomination

Senior Player
    Absolute Jet of a kid, very special as we all know.

Don't write off a challenger in Richmond's grandpa (just squeezed in for eligibility) kamdyn mcintosh. He has some great stats. Impact and stats are different things, but he could be a thorn in our side.

Quietly I think Isaac's efforts in a quality undefeated side count for more.

I just loved the hand off to Buddy, probably only traveled 0.5m but was as slick as you will ever see. You could see the look on Buddies face after the goal what he thought of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    A kids *
    Too late, I've got this in my head now
    The Skids - Into The Valley - YouTube
    Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way you'll be a mile away and he'll be shoeless.

Regular in the Side
    Heeney made the team of the week in the forward pocket. Other Swans were Buddy CHF and Hannebury on the interchange. Well done Zucchini.

Quote Originally Posted by rb4x View Post
    Well done Zucchini.
    MasHeeney.

You saw it here first.
    To all those people who waited 72 years to see a South Melbourne/Sydney Swans premiership HERE IT IS!!

Tahini
    As in "kick it Ta-Heeney"
    Chillin' with the strange Quarks

Veterans List
    Congratulations to Heeney ????.
    He said in an interview that he didn't even know about the award when he found out he was nominated.

I was wondering why I hadn't heard a word from Eddie after the game until I read he is in Dubai. It has been funny seeing how many people in the media have brought up Eddie when discussing Heeney and making fun of what his reaction will be!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast