Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Heeney round 3 rising star

Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    Congratulations to Heeney ????.
    He said in an interview that he didn't even know about the award when he found out he was nominated.

I was wondering why I hadn't heard a word from Eddie after the game until I read he is in Dubai. It has been funny seeing how many people in the media have brought up Eddie when discussing Heeney and making fun of what his reaction will be!
    They said on Talking Footy last night that Fat Eddie was going to let fly in a new round of abusive lobbying against the academies upon his return.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    Congratulations to Heeney ??.
    He said in an interview that he didn't even know about the award when he found out he was nominated.

I was wondering why I hadn't heard a word from Eddie after the game until I read he is in Dubai. It has been funny seeing how many people in the media have brought up Eddie when discussing Heeney and making fun of what his reaction will be!
    That would be, 'Congratulations Tahini'! , with acknowledgement to Untamed Shark.

I knew selling Jessie to Eddie was gonna come back to bite us.

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    Pretty impressive for a team that has been in the top 4 since 2012 to have 4 Rising Star nominees - Mitchell, Cunningham, Lloyd and now Heeney.

Wouldn't have thought that Geelong, Hawthorn or Freo would have more than 1 or 2
    Twitter @cmdil
    Instagram @conordillon

Veterans List
    Eddie will now work on Gil the dill to slap an arbitary National Draft ban on us this year just so we don't get Mills as well.

Gil's simple explanation will be "they can't have all the guns from their zone"

I do like how Heeney plays the politics in his interviews always mentioning the academy saved him from the NRL!

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Eddie will now work on Gil the dill to slap an arbitary National Draft ban on us this year just so we don't get Mills as well.

Gil's simple explanation will be "they can't have all the guns from their zone"

I do like how Heeney plays the politics in his interviews always mentioning the academy saved him from the NRL!
    Heeney is the poster boy for the Academy system that we need. He was never going to be an AFL player without the academy - that is where it is exceptionally hard for boneheads like Eddie to argue that we are 'hiding away talent' or 'rorting the draft', as without it he would never be there in the first place.

I hope Heeney has a ripper against the Pies in Rd 20 - 20 possessions, a few goals and a few assists to Buddy should be almost enough to make Eddie explode!
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    BF posters from pretty much every club were happy to hand him this week's nomination on Saturday night. And that is despite him only registering 10 possessions, when most are obsessed with stats. Indeed, I suspect many didn't realise he only registered 10 disposals, such was the impact he made with those 10.

Valuable as he is proving to be in the forward line - he and Buddy have quite something going on together - I can't wait until he makes a move into the midfield on a permanent basis. Some of his hand-offs to team mates have been sublime, and he seems very clean below the knees as well as overhead.
    100% effective disposals.
    Every disposal hit a target.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    with Five goal assists.......works for me. He's a good kid and its a pleasure to watch him play. Who would have linked Buddy and Isaac together as natural foils. Imeantersay!

I rather thought it would be Milky, but I am finding TaHeeney very liquid.....
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    Especially the one that accidentally hits chins in the face!
    Chillin' with the strange Quarks

Senior Player
    Have had the pleasure of seeing him in action twice, it is something to behold. Very special.

And I see the marketing people are wasting no time

$5 junior tickets for only 5 hours! - sydneyswans.com.au

All they need now is to hand out Milky Bars at the gate!
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

This was from a Herald Sun columnist

ON THE BLOCK: Isaac Heeney, who was nominated for the Rising Star one week ago, was subbed out of Sydney�s clash with Fremantle. Coach John Longmire said the decision was purely tactical as he had struggled to adapt to the big game situation, only accumulating three disposals and one tackle. As much as the Swans would love to expose him as much as possible, they�ll also be cautious of burning him out too early in the season. - end

Was always going to be tough against Freo maybe he will find it easier against the dogs if he plays as they are a younger side - Freo game will be a good lesson for him moving forward after all the hype and hopefully he gets a chance to redeem himself this week maybe as the sub as it would appear that he is not injured. Good to see the coach calling it straight with young stars as well as older stars.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast