Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Malceski

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar

Malceski

I'm sure a thread already exists in which Mal hs been discussed but I couldn't find it so I've started this one, apologies mods!

A mate of mine had a spare seat for the Cats/Gold Coast game yesterday (front row on the wing, who could say no?) so I went along and had a look. I decided I'd try and watch Mal as closely as possible because he's copped a bit of criticism so far for his performances this year and I wanted to see if it was justified...and it definitely is.

I've never seen him look so disinterested...seemingly played the game without passion and was just going through the motions. Didn't seem to be offering any form of direction to his teammates or barking orders up the field or anything that we were so used to see him doing in a red and white jumper. He trailled his opponents into quite a few contests and didn't seem overly concerned about his kicking efficiency or lack there of.

What really stood out to me was Nakia Cockatoo bumping him and getting in his face off the ball and Nick simply jogging away and trying to avoid it...there's no way he would have just copped that from a third game player in his time at Sydney. It's really sad to see because he was one of my favourite players for the best part of a decade...I really hope he can recapture some form and his thirst for the contest (as long as it isn't against us).

What does everyone else think about this?
    Twitter @cmdil
    Instagram @conordillon

Well, he moved to GCFC for money. Maybe he was lured there by the previous coach before Rodney Eade was appointed as a new coach. I wonder if that could be the issue.

As a player of an opposition club I couldn't care less....

Loved him at the Swans, can understand his reasons for moving but he is an opposition player now

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zlatorog View Post
    Well, he moved to GCFC for money. Maybe he was lured there by the previous coach before Rodney Eade was appointed as a new coach. I wonder if that could be the issue.
    Hadn't thought of it from that angle but I guess it makes sense!

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    There is something very weird going on at GC that goes well beyond Mal and says McKenna was sacked for good reason. Right now, GWS look a mile ahead in terms of being a well rounded team.

And I hate GWS

Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    There is something very weird going on at GC that goes well beyond Mal and says McKenna was sacked for good reason. Right now, GWS look a mile ahead in terms of being a well rounded team.

And I hate GWS
    That area is a sporting graveyard,, they did look mildly competitive against Geelong but they could be well down on expectations this season

the irony with Mal going is that our coaches went back to the drawing board and we have so far un earthed some very cool exits from our backline

the transition work on saturday was up there with some of the best i have seen by the Swans.........more so in the 1st and 2nd qtr

Matt80 you could call this theory .........drum roll plse !

"THE MAL EFFECT"

Namaste

"be tough, only when it gets tough"

Poor bugger..having to work with Eade and live in that place that is my definition of hell......sad to hear
    "The Dog days are over, The Dog days are gone" Florence and the Machine

Mal made the same mistakes when he was with us - he just had better players around him working defensively to support each other - that is going to take time - he now has to deal with expectation given the reputation that he established as part of good defensive group as well as the dollars of course

Veteran Site Admin
    There may be other stuff going on with him affecting his form - either niggling injuries, or stuff outside football. Or he might just be experiencing the challenge of moving from an environment where you've played for more than a decade and know everyone, to a new place where you have to start all over. It's impossible to tell from a distance. I hope he does rediscover his mojo soon. He was one of my favourite Swans for many years. He may "just"" be another opposition player now, but I'd like to see him play out the remainder of his career as successfully as he can without contributing to depriving the Swans of a premiership.

Nick seemed to have settled into the Gold Coast life style pretty well in this Instagram photo posted by Heath Grundy.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429535670.037964.jpg

Goes up to 11
    I'd give him a good few more weeks yet before passing judgement. It'd be really tough entering a new footy environment after being at the Swans for so long. It'll take him time to adjust to the Suns style and players - no surprise if he's a bit down at the moment. Things will click into gear for him in a while...

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast