Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Round 3: Gold Coast Suns Reserves v Sydney Swans Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Interesting move, could mean all three emergencies play in the NEAFL game. Maybe even sneak in the sub from the seniors game!
    Makes sense really, I'm looking forward to watching most if not all of the reserves game

Quote Originally Posted by Conor_Dillon View Post
    Saturday's NEAFL game has been moved back to after the seniors...so a 5.10pm start and still at the SCG
    If I lived in Sydney, I'd definitely hang around to watch it - sadly a 3 hour drive back to Canberra will await.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Veterans List
    Goodesy looked great, really moving well - bring him back Horse!

Should be a great match

Yes picture could be right. it will be the third match played on the SCG for the day. There is a celebrity charity match (presumably of shortened duration given the players won't be fit) before the main match.

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Interesting move, could mean all three emergencies play in the NEAFL game. Maybe even sneak in the sub from the seniors game!
    I assume this wouldn't normally be within the rules but is there any precedent off the top of your head for the AFL and/or NEAFL granting permission to allow it?
    Twitter @cmdil
    Instagram @conordillon

Quote Originally Posted by Conor_Dillon View Post
    I assume this wouldn't normally be within the rules but is there any precedent off the top of your head for the AFL and/or NEAFL granting permission to allow it?
    It might be different in the NEAFL but I know for a fact that last year in R21 our old mate Tony Armstrong played a full game in the VFL and then was called up as an emergency later the same day to play in the senior side. Poor bloke ended up running a half marathon but played really well in both games.

May work differently going from playing for the seniors to the reserves.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    The North East Australian Football League (NEAFL) wishes to advise the Sydney Swans� NEAFL game against Sydney University on Saturday will now be a curtain-closer to the club�s AFL clash against the Western Bulldogs.The NEAFL game was originally scheduled for 10:30am at the SCG but has been pushed back to 5:10pm.

Patrons are advised they cannot enter the SCG without a valid ticket for the main AFL match between Sydney and the Western Bulldogs.

The SCG Members Reserve will be the only area open for guests to watch the NEAFL match (including the Ladies Pavilion and M.A. Noble Stand).

Anyone who remains in the stadium for the NEAFL game will have to make their way to the SCG Members Reserve after the final siren of the AFL match.

North East Australian Football League: MEDIA RELEASE: Swans match to curtain-close AFL

Blog Entries
    I've updated the Reserves Stats today.
    Follow the Stats link above

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ampersand View Post
    It might be different in the NEAFL but I know for a fact that last year in R21 our old mate Tony Armstrong played a full game in the VFL and then was called up as an emergency later the same day to play in the senior side. Poor bloke ended up running a half marathon but played really well in both games.

May work differently going from playing for the seniors to the reserves.
    Yeh he definitely did but because this is in reverse (seniors THEN reserves) I'd say the rules might be different. Otherwise we could technically play whoever is sub in the 2s and give whoever gets subbed a quarter or 2 as well. Or even Buddy and Tippet etc.
    Twitter @cmdil
    Instagram @conordillon

Senior Player
    Blog Entries
    It's tempting to stay, but it will be a long day for those that do... I doubt the food outlets will stay open so you may wish to bring something to eat if you are planning on sticking around!

Quote Originally Posted by Xie Shan View Post
    It's tempting to stay, but it will be a long day for those that do... I doubt the food outlets will stay open so you may wish to bring something to eat if you are planning on sticking around!
    OK so only one section will be open for the NEAFL match

The SCG Members Reserve will be the only area open for guests to watch the NEAFL match (including the Ladies Pavilion and M.A. Noble Stand).

Anyone who remains in the stadium for the NEAFL game will have to make their way to the SCG Members Reserve after the final siren of the AFL match.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast