Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Match Day Thread Rnd 4 V Fremantle

So if there was this so called extra vision through "hawkeye" why didn't they show it in this review? I think that the excuses they gave were very lame!

Veteran Site Admin
    I thought the review umpire's
    call was that the vision was unclear and thus it reverted to the goal umpire's call. That's not consistent with there being additional footage that showed it was touched.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardy View Post
    that's hold Erica!!! Cleary the umps haven't been to OPSM lately. Mr X-ray vision boundary ump must have gone to spec savers for the super duper multifocals like I wear.
    Looking at the photo the boundary umpire is looking to the left of the goal post, so his line of vision wasn't even to where the Freo player was. I think the AFL should exclude boundary umpires from goal line decisions.

I'm long past blaming umpires for losses, but if I was to ever make a comeback to that particular pastime, this would have been the game.

In the mid noughties the Weagles had a charmed run from the umps at Subi, getting every 50/50 and the visitors get donuts. Now it seems that with Freo being the dominant WA side, they now get the outrageously one sided home town decisions which seem particularly prevalent at Subi and have been for well over a decade...
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Veterans List
    Some observations from the game.

Reid is around the ground ruckman and should only be used in defence in that role. He gave us an enormous amount in the second half. Very Teasdale like.
    Lloyd is now our number one midfield distributor. The disposal of Parker and Kennedy are way below his level.
    Lloyd's gut running is outstanding.
    Cunningham should be banished to the 2's and traded.
    Tippett should always play FF.
    Rohan should always start and play up forward. Is very dangerous at the fall of the ball. Tippett plays FF, Franklin CHF with Rohan at their feet. Gives very dangerous structure. Messing around with Tippett creates too much instability in the structure. Rohan and McGlynn provide the quick forward pressure.
    Not getting a lot of effective ball use from Kennedy.
    Need another quality back man.
    Jack needs to play 4 quarters.

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    It should be said that Reid wasn't playing ruck at any stage...he was playing midfield and using his leap to jump third man up. This was a great move by Horse as it really nullified Sandilands and in turn the Fremantle midfield.
    Twitter @cmdil
    Instagram @conordillon

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by Conor_Dillon View Post
    It should be said that Reid wasn't playing ruck at any stage...he was playing midfield and using his leap to jump third man up. This was a great move by Horse as it really nullified Sandilands and in turn the Fremantle midfield.
    That I liked. We are on the receiving end of this manoeuvre often enough, nice to see us dishing it out.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Bloody wait-awhiles!!
    They should just go ahead and form their own country.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Some observations from the game.

Reid is around the ground ruckman and should only be used in defence in that role. He gave us an enormous amount in the second half. Very Teasdale like.
    Lloyd is now our number one midfield distributor. The disposal of Parker and Kennedy are way below his level.
    Lloyd's gut running is outstanding.
    Cunningham should be banished to the 2's and traded.
    Tippett should always play FF.
    Rohan should always start and play up forward. Is very dangerous at the fall of the ball. Tippett plays FF, Franklin CHF with Rohan at their feet. Gives very dangerous structure. Messing around with Tippett creates too much instability in the structure. Rohan and McGlynn provide the quick forward pressure.
    Not getting a lot of effective ball use from Kennedy.
    Need another quality back man.
    Jack needs to play 4 quarters.
    To be fair to Kennedy, he was at the birth of his first child and wasn't on the original flight with the team. He didn't get to have a run with the team at the ground prior to the game. And we also do not know how his wife's labour went (I hope that it went as well as could be). I am sure we will see an improved display.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Coaches' votes

Fremantle vs Sydney

10 Fyfe (Frem)
    7 McPharlin (Frem)
    4 Johnson (Frem)
    3 Reid (Syd)
    2 Hannebery (Syd)
    2 Lloyd (Syd)
    2 Sandilands (Frem)

Nice to see Lloyd getting recognition.

Jakey played really well.
    Such a cool head in the second half.
    He got us out of the @@@@ a few times.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Some observations from the game:
    ...Cunningham should be banished to the 2's and traded...
    Not so fast, last year Cunningham won the Swans rising star and finished tenth in the Bob Skilton medal. He was improving wonderfully.
    He may just need a firecracker up his backside to make him realise he hasn't made it and has to work even harder than last year. He probably should have been dropped for more than one week in round two(?)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    Jakey played really well.
    Such a cool head in the second half.
    He got us out of the @@@@ a few times.
    In that regard he reminds me of Paul Williams. He actually seems to quickly check his options before making one.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017