Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: I want Jetta out of this team...NAH, just kidding

If you can't say 'girly' anymore I think I'll pick up my bat and ball and go home. People are so easy to offend these days it's ridiculous. I didn't see the game, probably glad I didn't. Good to see Reid played well.

Regular in the Side PerthSwannie's Avatar
    I just watched the game again this morning and still haven't changed my opinion. I agree with ( Mug Punter ), we could work out a trade with WC. Jetta would suit them and we could get a new young player with a lot more guts( like a Heeney.)
    Even Santa follows the Swannies.

I would think Jetta must be up in the top 3 in the metres gained stat (maybe someone with a champion data subscription can confirm that). When he comes to play, he's a real dynamo and a critical member of our team. The only problem is that he doesn't always come to play, but he's not the only one. He's actually having a pretty good year, but had a poor first half v Freo.

Senior Player
    I have mentioned this elsewhere but I think Jetta plays better with Rohan in the team. They provide run down both sides of the ground and the spread is harder to man up against.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by PerthSwannie View Post
    I want Jetta out of this team. I'm sick to death of watching his girly attempt of trying to tackle or even not even tackling. He's become a waste of space. UUUUrrrrggghhhh!
    If that is the case let him take the handr of Cunningham with him and exit the door together. No tackles and complete refusal to enter a contest. Soft,soft,soft. As usual against good teams he doesn't turn up. And they have Rohan on the bench and Mitchell in the 2's.

Senior Player
    Well by all accounts you will get your wish as he is out if contract at year end and is putting off talks and will head home to WA

Quote Originally Posted by annew View Post
    Well by all accounts you will get your wish as he is out if contract at year end and is putting off talks and will head home to WA
    It would be sad to see him go, but we should get a reasonable trade out of it - allowing us to replace him in some description - as we can't afford to lose the speed he gives the team.

My frustration with Jetta (And it is more the style of player he is) is how much he drifts in and out of games. He's never going to take a game by the scruff of the neck, but I wish he could be more consistent week in, week out.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Regular in the Side PerthSwannie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by annew View Post
    GOOD!
    Even Santa follows the Swannies.

Senior Player
    Not sure how we can trade as we still have some restrictions on us and if he is out of contract we may get nothing because he could go in the draft. That would mean we got nothing for Mummy, nothing for Lamb, nothing for Everitt, nothing for Malceski nothing for Membrey and possibly nothing for Jetta, any others

Veterans List
    He was just dreadful tonight - but has actually been pretty good most of the year. Still a work in progress I guess, he certainly can stir me up when he goes missing when we most need him.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    If you can't say 'girly' anymore I think I'll pick up my bat and ball and go home. People are so easy to offend these days it's ridiculous. I didn't see the game, probably glad I didn't. Good to see Reid played well.
    I have three "girly" daughters that I have never seen shirk a contest on a sporting field in their lives. Time to move on mate...

recruit me pretty please! Cosmic Wizard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    If that is the case let him take the handr of Cunningham with him and exit the door together. No tackles and complete refusal to enter a contest. Soft,soft,soft. As usual against good teams he doesn't turn up. And they have Rohan on the bench and Mitchell in the 2's.
    Notice this too!

Against good to very good teams Cunningham goes missing.

If you have no grunt or hard core you can't be in the team.

How he is and Mitchell not show again our coach's strange choices
    doof-doof

Quote Originally Posted by Mug Punter View Post
    I've been mildly encouraged by Jetta this year but I think it may be mutually beneficial at year end to trade him to a WA club as I think he may be homesick with a young family.

I'd wish him all the best of that was the case and he'd have to be worth a late first round pick
    +1. He's way too inconsistent and when he does great things they are too few and far between. He applies next to no defensive pressure which, especially in today's modern game, is so important. He's taking up the position that a more consistent player could occupy.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast