Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: I want Jetta out of this team...NAH, just kidding

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    And by the way, using 'girly' as a derogatory adjective is offensive to half the population.
    You're kidding, right? Please tell me you're kidding.

Happy and I know it
    Quote Originally Posted by S.S. Bleeder View Post
    You're kidding, right? Please tell me you're kidding.
    Nope. I'm with Meg on this. It's everyday sexism.
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Me too and good on Meg for calling it out.

+1 to the sick of gendered criticism camp. It's just as unacceptable as the homophobic or racial slurs.

What's wrong with "weak", "soft", "cowardly" etc.?

Just pathetic and "weak" how certain dinosaurs on this board refuse be inclusive and move with the times

Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    If you can't say 'girly' anymore I think I'll pick up my bat and ball and go home. People are so easy to offend these days it's ridiculous. I didn't see the game, probably glad I didn't. Good to see Reid played well.
    GOODBYE

Regular in the Side PerthSwannie's Avatar
    Just sat down and had a beer with a West Coast mate of mine and was telling him my thoughts about Jetta. He tells me that (sources) close to his involvement in WC are saying that Jetta`s management have been talking to both WC and Freo camps and that the theory is he may not be playing that great this season to try to make it easier (or cheaper) to trade? Who knows?

BTW. Here is the main instigator of ( Girly ). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUzUbtIptqQ
    Even Santa follows the Swannies.

Senior Player
    I'm also I agreement that girly shouldn't be used in the context it has been used here.

In some ways what Meg has done in calling it out is similar to what goodesy did calling out the racist comment during the Collingwood game. We should acknowledge that is an inappropriate choice of descriptors and use the words that ampersand suggested instead. We should also be gracious to the original poster just as Goodes was to the young girl as I suspect the intent was not to be rude to females and it is an opportunity for us all to think about our choice of words

Veterans List
    If that is the case then off to the 2's with him. Sources say Danger is off to the Cats. He gives his all every week. As if our club is going to fall for the old poor play trick to devalue a trade.

Quote Originally Posted by Ampersand View Post
    +1 to the sick of gendered criticism camp. It's just as unacceptable as the homophobic or racial slurs.

What's wrong with "weak", "soft", "cowardly" etc.?

Just pathetic and "weak" how certain dinosaurs on this board refuse be inclusive and move with the times
    You people are so overly sensitive and reading too much into it. There is nothing wrong with being girly, if you're a girl. There is if you're an AFL footballer. It's a fact, boys are generally rougher in sport than what girls are. Boys generally climb trees and do other things which hurt themselves. Girls generally don't. Suck it up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PerthSwannie View Post
    Just sat down and had a beer with a West Coast mate of mine and was telling him my thoughts about Jetta. He tells me that (sources) close to his involvement in WC are saying that Jetta`s management have been talking to both WC and Freo camps and that the theory is he may not be playing that great this season to try to make it easier (or cheaper) to trade? Who knows?

BTW. Here is the main instigator of ( Girly ). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUzUbtIptqQ
    Good news. Let's hope that WC finish higher up the ladder so we don't get screwed. What woul he be worth? A second round selection?

Regular in the Side PerthSwannie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    If that is the case then off to the 2's with him. Sources say Danger is off to the Cats. He gives his all every week. As if our club is going to fall for the old poor play trick to devalue a trade.
    That`s the talk over here. Jetta wants to head back to his home State. He always wanted to play for WC but Freo would suit him as well. Now that his main mentor Goodsey is probably now going to be sidelined(My opinion is he should of bowed out gracefully last year) that's it for Jetta.......................
    Even Santa follows the Swannies.

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    I love the way Jetstar plays the game. He seems to have a lot more time to size up the situation and deftly swerve and kick directly to a team mate rather than the "bang it on a boot" mentality of some of our players.
    I agree with the comment that he plays better when Rohan is on the field.
    You may be able to put someone else in the side in his place but you would not be able to replace him. His speed, kicking (field and goal) and vision are exceptional. It would be hard to find a footballer to match or exceed these qualities.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Quote Originally Posted by RogueSwan View Post
    I love the way Jetstar plays the game. He seems to have a lot more time to size up the situation and deftly swerve and kick directly to a team mate rather than the "bang it on a boot" mentality of some of our players.
    I agree with the comment that he plays better when Rohan is on the field.
    You may be able to put someone else in the side in his place but you would not be able to replace him. His speed, kicking (field and goal) and vision are exceptional. It would be hard to find a footballer to match or exceed these qualities.
    If only he had consistent abilities to stick a tackle he would make a truly fantastic footballer in the modern era. Its his one real area of weakness, and playing him off HB (as we have been experimenting at various times) can show it up.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast