Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: I want Jetta out of this team...NAH, just kidding

Regular in the Side PerthSwannie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by S.S. Bleeder View Post
    You people are so overly sensitive and reading too much into it. There is nothing wrong with being girly, if you're a girl. There is if you're an AFL footballer. It's a fact, boys are generally rougher in sport than what girls are. Boys generally climb trees and do other things which hurt themselves. Girls generally don't. Suck it up.
    Yo, SS mate. I hear you brother. I was just using a term I`ve used for decades. I didn`t know it is now on the offensive list. I remember ages ago Gay meant happy!
    Even Santa follows the Swannies.

Never mind Jetta. He's OK really, exciting, skillful but has weaknesses too. Our biggest problem that will prevent us winning a flag is key defenders. Grundy is a very average footballer and has been for a long while now. Most weeks his disposal, poor decision making, or lack of leg speed costs goals. This is a big problem. I really hope there is some reasonable quality in the twos that could be tried.

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    If that is the case let him take the handr of Cunningham with him and exit the door together. No tackles and complete refusal to enter a contest. Soft,soft,soft. As usual against good teams he doesn't turn up. And they have Rohan on the bench and Mitchell in the 2's.
    Exactly mate. Cunningham is a liability when the going is tough. Mitchell isn't

On the big WA ground Cunningham is a decent choice for his running ability however back on the scg Mitchell for mine.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodsman View Post
    On the big WA ground Cunningham is a decent choice for his running ability however back on the scg Mitchell for mine.
    Yeah I hear what you are saying about the big ground and all, but there was a lot of congested work to be won in the first half of that game that we couldn't bring to the table. In the second half when we started getting it out by hand we started to look a lot slicker. Mitchell would have added to that from the very first minute of the game.

'Girly' is off base as far as political correctness is concerned, and I agree that it shouldn't be used.
    However I see it way on the lighter side of offensive words and am happy to let is slide.
    I guess that will slot me into some kind of category....
    Not sure how some people are able to sit at the footy many many worse phrases spewing from people's mouths.
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Let the girly comment go already.. I am sick of every thread getting derailed.

Jetta is a unique entity in our wonderful game. He has the ability with sheer pace to blow away the best in the comp. I still see Cyril in the 2012 watching Jettas heels. He is a bantam weight. I would love for him to be a tackling machine.. It aint going to happen. What he brings is field kicking and explosive pace. Roos used to say he had a hard time convincing Jetta to take the game on. This year he has shown signs of doing that again as he did in 2012. I don't see anybody in the 2's who could take his place. I hear the calls to bring in Mitchell.. Sure he can extract but his kicking is not at Jettas level. Sure Mitchell does well in the 2's but how well would he have done against a rampant purple haze in the 1st 1/2 ? We would be sitting here now saying he is ROK 2.0. Wins the ball and then bombs it to nobody. IMO Jetta is an integral part of us being a premiership threat. I want Jetta in our team.

I didn't really feel the need to address the who Jetta thing because it was pretty silly
    I guess I only really popped in to contribute to the off topicness
    Agree with what Cheer_Cheer said about Jetta.
    I see "Jetta to Buddy" being a real weapon.
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Jetta is an easy target because his mistakes stand out because it is generally in open play and he is either great or not so great - as was said earlier Jetta is unique and he is what we need and one of the first that other teams try to stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheer_Cheer View Post
    Let the girly comment go already.. I am sick of every thread getting derailed.
    +1. I'm sick and tired of RWO's giving us a lecture in politics or morals and making snide political remarks. It has no place in a footy forum.

I want Jetta to stay in the team. His acceleration from a standing start is terrific , I love seeing that, and his excellent peripheral vision, weaving and sidestepping .
    He's a very good kick. He doesn't need to throw his sized frame into collisions with far heavier blokes .
    Just let him play his significant role.
    That's the attraction of Aussie Rules , to be played by all builds and physiques.

Senior Player
    Yep ^

There's a price to be paid for him, the first half was not his fault. Look elsewhere. Maybe more around the clearances.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast