Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: I want Jetta out of this team...NAH, just kidding

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by PerthSwannie View Post
    ..I remember ages ago Gay meant happy!
    This is well off topic but the use of gay=happy is only a very small part of the words history. From wiki
    The word may have started to acquire associations of immorality as early as the 14th century, and had certainly acquired them by the 17th. By the late 17th century it had acquired the specific meaning of "addicted to pleasures and dissipations",[9] an extension of its primary meaning of "carefree" implying "uninhibited by moral constraints." A gay woman was a prostitute, a gay man a womanizer and a gay house a brothel.
    and
    Well into the mid 20th century a middle-aged bachelor could be described as "gay", indicating that he was unattached and therefore free, without any implication of homosexuality.
    Back on topic
    Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    If only he had consistent abilities to stick a tackle he would make a truly fantastic footballer in the modern era. Its his one real area of weakness, and playing him off HB (as we have been experimenting at various times) can show it up.
    So instead of fantastic he is merely a very good footballer?
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Senior Player
    I for one would be disappointed if Jetta leaves but such is life. I like the run and spread he provides. Yes he can definitely improve defensively but he has scored important goals for us at crucial times this year.

We do after all continue to speculate about our players leaving to go home so that is normal for rwo

It's a free country and you can say whatever the hell you like but several people have simply stated that using feminine adjectives as a synonym for "weakness" is ignorant and exclusionary.

Again, it doesn't take much effort, skill or imagination to make your point without denigrating the courage or ability of half the population of the world. Believe it or not women also play contact sports and the ones I've seen don't shirk from a physical contest. At all.

You can cop the criticism on the chin, take it on board and try to be a better person or you can ignore it completely and carry on how you like but you don't get the right to dictate how others react to your choice of language. The times are a changin'. Suck it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheer_Cheer View Post
    Let the girly comment go already.. I am sick of every thread getting derailed.

Jetta is a unique entity in our wonderful game. He has the ability with sheer pace to blow away the best in the comp. I still see Cyril in the 2012 watching Jettas heels. He is a bantam weight. I would love for him to be a tackling machine.. It aint going to happen. What he brings is field kicking and explosive pace. Roos used to say he had a hard time convincing Jetta to take the game on. This year he has shown signs of doing that again as he did in 2012. I don't see anybody in the 2's who could take his place. I hear the calls to bring in Mitchell.. Sure he can extract but his kicking is not at Jettas level. Sure Mitchell does well in the 2's but how well would he have done against a rampant purple haze in the 1st 1/2 ? We would be sitting here now saying he is ROK 2.0. Wins the ball and then bombs it to nobody. IMO Jetta is an integral part of us being a premiership threat. I want Jetta in our team.
    Ahhhhhhhh.
    The voice of reason.
    Agree wholeheartedly.
    Jets is an asset, not a liability.
    There are heaps more liabilities in our team that come before Jets.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    Ridiculous thread...Jets didn't have his best game but he wasn't our worst! He did some pretty handy things and covered a lot of ground but Ross Lyon obviously put a bit of time into him and didn't afford him the luxury of space that other opposition coaches have in the past.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    Ahhhhhhhh.
    The voice of reason.
    Agree wholeheartedly.
    Jets is an asset, not a liability.
    There are heaps more liabilities in our team that come before Jets.
    +1

Watched the game a couple of times , it wasn't all him ! Really think leadership is the problem ! Need one captain !

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    Thought the way Jack went about it at the beginning of the third term showed real leadership
    Twitter @cmdil
    Instagram @conordillon

there is a bit of venting

4th game and we are 3 from 4

better then last year and all we need to find is the way to set the pace in the 1st qtr

I luv Jetta in the team and I dont believe he should be demoted to the ressies after that one game and he wasnt terrible

Fyfe was the major problem in the first 2 qtrs
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    ...Fyfe was the major problem in the first 2 qtrs
    That, and the umpires general love for him.

I normally don't get upset by some of the bad calls the team gets, generally both teams cop bad calls, but on the weekend I was apoplectic.

OT
    I can't see Jetta being dropped, as many have pointed out, there is no replacement for what he provides.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

I've always been firmly in the 'I Love Jetta' camp. Seen nothing this year to want to jump off, quite the opposite actually, not withstanding a first half Barry the other night.

Why in some eyes does Jetta deserve derision for not crashing packs and not sticking every tackle? He's not built for it and to me it's as silly as bagging Josh Kennedy for not sprinting away from players with pure dash, consistently landing 50-60m field kicks on his teammates tit and snapping goals from anywhere inside 50, things that Jetta is more than capable of and does regularly when he's up and running...
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    I've always been firmly in the 'I Love Jetta' camp. Seen nothing this year to want to jump off, quite the opposite actually, not withstanding a first half Barry the other night.

Why in some eyes does Jetta deserve derision for not crashing packs and not sticking every tackle? He's not built for it and to me it's as silly as bagging Josh Kennedy for not sprinting away from players with pure dash, consistently landing 50-60m field kicks on his teammates tit and snapping goals from anywhere inside 50, things that Jetta is more than capable of and does regularly when he's up and running...
    Like.

It is especially apt that players like JPK don't get criticised for not doing things not in their skill set. A possible counter is that Jetta is a little inconsistent in doing what he is meant to be doing - far more so than a JPK. However, when your team mates whose job it is to get hands on the ball aren't doing so, it is very hard for those whose job it is to use the ball creatively to do very much.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast